Thread: Bog issue

Tuner in Training

Bog issue

Hey guys,

Got a Nag1 5.7 challenger with a TSP Stage 3 cam and long tubes.

When launching the car from idle-1500rpm it falls on its face up until 3k-ish RPM and picks itself back up. Any remedy for this? Torque management issue?

Tuner in Training
    Post the tune file and logs.

Quote Originally Posted by 732mopar View Post
    Hey guys,

When launching the car from idle-1500rpm it falls on its face up until 3k-ish RPM and picks itself back up. Any remedy for this? Torque management issue?
    Rear gears, 2800 - 3200 stall converter will help some
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Tuner in Training
    Heres the tune file. Ill get a log of this happening tomorrow.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Wjjeepman34 View Post
    Post the tune file and logs.
    heres a log. towards the end you can see I go WOTrev_21_v3.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    what converter are you running?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    what converter are you running?
    Stock converter

Advanced Tuner
    Stock converter
    Thats a pretty big cam for a 5.7 and stock converter in a nag1. You defiantly lost some low end

Tuner in Training
    Hey guys,

Thats what you'll get from a stock converter, you need to get a 3200+ converter so you are more into the power range. The came may make good power over stock, but at 1500-3k rpm you'll lose alot over stock also.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Wjjeepman34 View Post
    Thats what you'll get from a stock converter, you need to get a 3200+ converter so you are more into the power range. The came may make good power over stock, but at 1500-3k rpm you'll lose alot over stock also.
    I figured i needed a TC but was also since the cam is a boost cam i was hoping when i add a magnuson blower that it picks up power down low and across the whole rpm range of course.

Guess I just wanted to see if there was any problem with the tune before throwing a converter in.

Thanks for the reply guys!

Advanced Tuner
    I figured i needed a TC but was also since the cam is a boost cam i was hoping when i add a magnuson blower that it picks up power down low and across the whole rpm range of course.

Guess I just wanted to see if there was any problem with the tune before throwing a converter in.

Thanks for the reply guys!
    The blower will certainly help but you will still want a converter. Being a roots style blower you can get away with less converter though

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    The blower will certainly help but you will still want a converter. Being a roots style blower you can get away with less converter though

I ended up changing some Torque Management tables and was able to feel a difference down low a little (pedal % and power % tables) but im in agreement about getting a TC. Was thinking something around 2800-3000 since ill be doing a roots blower. Also kinda stuck on the fence about centrifugal but id just go up in TC. Also these 3.06 open gears gotta go. Thinking of doing 3.09 LSD