Thread: 2019 Silverado LD PCM Code Tracking

Tuner in Training

2019 Silverado LD PCM Code Tracking

I just replaced my 2000 Silverado with a 2019 Silverado LD LT (2018 body in 2019 year, Square Wheel Wells). Is there an PCM internal counter or tracker which tracks PCM configuration changes? The truck is under warranty for 18 more months and I pulled the original tune file so I can restore back to original tune. I plan on removing AFM/DOD and adjusting injector shutdown max speed as my initial tune. Already have the file edited but don't want to flash until I figure out if there is something in the PCM which would show up at the dealer as a modified PCM if I need to take it in for warranty work. (I would flash back to original before taking to a dealer). Any info is appreciated. I have many years of industrial control system computer (PLC's, etc.) experience and know some "controllers" internally track changes/flashes and others don't. Thanks in advance.
    Bernie Pella
    [email protected]

Yes, it does track flash history.

The dealer can see that if they had a reason to look for it. Been like this since like 2014.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, I know my 2000 had no tracking however I was suspecting the newer PCM were tracked. I appreciate the quick reply. Fortunately the 2019 LD has the "old" PCM so I don't need to hack the TCM but will still need 4 credits instead of 2 for the 2000 Silverado.
    Bernie Pella
    [email protected]