Thread: VCM will not read Gen3 6.0 Hummer

Potential Tuner

VCM will not read Gen3 6.0 Hummer

Had an issue today trying to read my existing file again to resend that with my new data to my tuner. this is what happened
    started VCM editor, plugged in and then key on, my read button was not hot, couldn't figure that out, only the write button was hot. My existing file was on the desktop so I deleted it. My read button was now hot so I clicked read. It went through the function of readings, unlock, read ect, then when it got close to the end it started adding time to the countdown and timed out with this error. I was left with engine codes that left the car in derate mode. I started, scanned and erased the codes, cleaned things up and tried again. Same result. So I cleared the DTC's and went for a drive, cataloging what my tuner asked me to do and then found my file in the trash, sent it off to the tuners.

He asked me to reread my existing file each time went go back and forth with tunes

question, do you have to write back the tune you have read in order to reread it?? Or should you be able to read you same file multiple times??, I'll try to attach the error message
    file:///Users/dumasbaylimousine/Desktop/IMG_7068-2.jpg

Try removing the radio and Onstar fuses and try again.

Same problem, with H3, I remov Radio and onstar fuses...
    and doest work...

Potential Tuner
    I figured this out just to circle back for others, I'll insert a picture, pull these 5 fuses, door closed, HVAC off and it will read, it's a noise issueIMG_0154.jpg