Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner Lacking essential Parameters

Tuner in Training

Exclamation VCM Scanner Lacking essential Parameters

Dear HP Tuners Technical Team,

As written in the title the VCM Scanner lacks alot of sensors that are absolutely essential ex Knock Sensor Reading, Oil Pressure, Misfire...... and so on.
    could you please add those parameters in the Beta version its annoying that i have to tune kind of blindly hoping i dont blow the engine with a shot of NOS or use another Device

Regards

Mohammad

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leg_Twitch_7.0L View Post
    Dear HP Tuners Technical Team,

As written in the title the VCM Scanner lacks alot of sensors that are absolutely essential ex Knock Sensor Reading, Oil Pressure, Misfire...... and so on.
    could you please add those parameters in the Beta version its annoying that i have to tune kind of blindly hoping i dont blow the engine with a shot of NOS or use another Device

Regards

Mohammad
    You all should realize that in relation to Nissan tuning this tool is useless and incomplete.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HOODEY View Post
    You all should realize that in relation to Nissan tuning this tool is useless and incomplete.
    Lol i do realize that yet still one can hope right, so far only Uprev is the best option out there but it has many bugs but what can you do.

Can you post your OSID, all of those parameters you mentioned should be in scanner. You may try repolling for supported parameters in scanner as well. If they aren't there they can be easily added.

Lol i do realize that yet still one can hope right, so far only Uprev is the best option out there but it has many bugs but what can you do.
    HOODEY happens to be John Hood, part owner of UpRev. We have all the necessary tables and scanner parameters to tune.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    HOODEY happens to be John Hood, part owner of UpRev. We have all the necessary tables and scanner parameters to tune.
    Thanks for replying my OSID is WG15A Nissan Y61 2019, Hardware SH_7058, ECM.
    i did try repolling but i sill got the same parameters nothing changed.
    please do add them as they are crucial.

Thanks,

Mohammad

Thanks for replying my OSID is WG15A Nissan Y61 2019, Hardware SH_7058, ECM.
    i did try repolling but i sill got the same parameters nothing changed.
    please do add them as they are crucial.

Thanks,

Mohammad
    Can you post your file please?

Tuner in Training
    Can you post your file please?

please find attached my file also attached log file with every available parameter logged were you could see many important ones missing ( knock sensors, oil pressure, injectors ect.... )
    Nissan {2614} Original File Stock.hpt
    21-05-26 21-28-47.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HOODEY View Post
    SMH! Theyre MAD that they will lose serious market share. Thats all
    Daily Driver= 2003 BMW 330xi
    Weekend Cruiser= 2009 Pontiac G8 GT (Vararam, TSP LS3 N/A Stage 1, OBX, CTS-V converter, MagnaFlows w/ J-Pipes, 160 t-stat)
    Project Car= 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS (LQ4 w/ Gen 4 Rods, LS3 heads, turbo...)
    Truck= 2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 LT LY5 4x4

Tuner in Training
    Actually i take back what i said in regards to uprev is the best option, comparing both tools with a friend who is i mill times more knowledgeable than me he said that most of the tables in uprev are copied exactly as they are from the HPT platform like EXACTLY didn’t even bother to dress it up a bit but i can’t deny the fact that uprev has some really nice features that i wish HPT would make available like the option to have 5 separate tables ( spark, fuel ) and the ability to apply any of them instantly by using the cruise control buttons without the need to stop or shut the car off kind of like HPT option Diesel Switch but without the need for an extra switch which is a very handy thing to have. Those options are nice to have but them being on a platform that is not very reliable honestly isnt worth the risk and when it comes to reliability it is guaranteed in HPT all the time.

Just wanted to update, not ignoring you just off for the weekend/memorial day. I'll get these added Tuesday.

Actually i take back what i said in regards to uprev is the best option, comparing both tools with a friend who is i mill times more knowledgeable than me he said that most of the tables in uprev are copied exactly as they are from the HPT platform like EXACTLY didn’t even bother to dress it up a bit
    I actually noticed this as well after we released, they started magically adding tables copying names and descriptions verbatim from the software. UpRev has incorrect parameters labelled because of this (they're correct in our software), I won't say which ones they are though lol

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to update, not ignoring you just off for the weekend/memorial day. I'll get these added Tuesday.
    Thanks buddy happy holidays, and regarding the incorrect labels you could add the correct ones this way they can copy them again i will feel bad though for all the tuners who would become so confused on why what they change is not what they get lol

Thanks buddy happy holidays, and regarding the incorrect labels you could add the correct ones this way they can copy them again i will feel bad though for all the tuners who would become so confused on why what they change is not what they get lol
    Done, download latest to access

Tuner in Training
    Done, download latest to access
    I just did brother yet still nothing brother its exactly the same PIDz in the scanner i couldn’t find Knock readings nor oil pressure or injector data, basically i couldn’t find anything different.
    I used repolling but still noting changed

I just did brother yet still nothing brother its exactly the same PIDz in the scanner i couldn’t find Knock readings nor oil pressure or injector data, basically i couldn’t find anything different.
    I used repolling but still noting changed
    Can you post your debug.dat file? Located in Documents -> HP Tuners

Tuner in Training
    Can you post your debug.dat file? Located in Documents -> HP Tuners
    Debug.dat.bin

BTW i had to change the format from debug.dat to .bin so i could attach the file otherwise the system wouldn't allow me to attach a .dat file so just change it back.

Debug.dat.bin

BTW i had to change the format from debug.dat to .bin so i could attach the file otherwise the system wouldn't allow me to attach a .dat file so just change it back.
    I spotted the error, update to latest (4.9.1145 or later) and repoll again. Sorry about that.

Tuner in Training
    I spotted the error, update to latest (4.9.1145 or later) and repoll again. Sorry about that.
    It works brother thanks a million for your help took a huge load of my chest now that i can monitor knock while using Nitrous were before i was hitting it blindly trying to guess a good/safe combination so thanks again highly appreciated

Mohammad

Tuner in Training
    Brother sorry to bother you but there is a small issue with one PID which is Torque the numbers that it shows are way off ( from 100 to 3500 nm ) another PID that doesnt make sense is spark advance there are two PIDs both called spark advance but while one is between 5 and 30 which is what it should be the other spark advance is always above 30 degree but other than that everything else looks good