Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VCM Scanner Lacking essential Parameters

Quote Originally Posted by Leg_Twitch_7.0L View Post
    Brother sorry to bother you but there is a small issue with one PID which is Torque the numbers that it shows are way off ( from 100 to 3500 nm ) another PID that doesnt make sense is spark advance there are two PIDs both called spark advance but while one is between 5 and 30 which is what it should be the other spark advance is always above 30 degree but other than that everything else looks good
    I'll check the torque pid, if you're running anything that's significantly increased horsepower the estimated torque is going to be way off unless you've adjusted the map accordingly.

For the spark pids, are you logging, SAE or common identifiers?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    I'll check the torque pid, if you're running anything that's significantly increased horsepower the estimated torque is going to be way off unless you've adjusted the map accordingly.

For the spark pids, are you logging, SAE or common identifiers?
    Sorry for the late reply buddy got held up at work, anyway regarding the torque issue the car is mostly stock the only modification is cold air intake + about a 100 hp NOS shot and they is no way it makes 1500 nm torque at part open throttle so there is definitely something wrong with the PID it self, wrong source for the calculation or something.
    Regarding the spark i am logging both the SAE is right on the spot the other one is in a deferent planet but its ok never mind that i have another question about the knock value ( feedback, threshold & count ) can i rely on the values displayed the reason why i am asking is that i did a couple of runs twice with the timing advanced stock timing with a 100 hp NOS shot 3 and 4th gear all the way to the limiter yet it did not register any knock at all like absolutely nothing which is a bit strange to me coming from a Hemi background so can i rely on that feedback?

Mohammad

Quote Originally Posted by Leg_Twitch_7.0L View Post
    Sorry for the late reply buddy got held up at work, anyway regarding the torque issue the car is mostly stock the only modification is cold air intake + about a 100 hp NOS shot and they is no way it makes 1500 nm torque at part open throttle so there is definitely something wrong with the PID it self, wrong source for the calculation or something.
    Regarding the spark i am logging both the SAE is right on the spot the other one is in a deferent planet but its ok never mind that i have another question about the knock value ( feedback, threshold & count ) can i rely on the values displayed the reason why i am asking is that i did a couple of runs twice with the timing advanced stock timing with a 100 hp NOS shot 3 and 4th gear all the way to the limiter yet it did not register any knock at all like absolutely nothing which is a bit strange to me coming from a Hemi background so can i rely on that feedback?

Mohammad
    Update to latest beta and repoll, i spotted the error with your torque PID. Sorry about that. It's still going to be a direct reflection of the Estimated Indicated Torque map though.

The knock feedback/count PID is after considering the knock threshold table. So it may be filtering out if you believe there is knock, but for just a CAI and spray it should be pretty reliable from the stock table

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    Update to latest beta and repoll, i spotted the error with your torque PID. Sorry about that. It's still going to be a direct reflection of the Estimated Indicated Torque map though.

The knock feedback/count PID is after considering the knock threshold table. So it may be filtering out if you believe there is knock, but for just a CAI and spray it should be pretty reliable from the stock table
    Thanks buddy yup the knock feedback does seem to work fine i pushed it just a bit more than i should to see weather it would read something and it sure did so its all good so thanks again brother have a good one

Tuner in Training
    Bumping this thread....doing a 2015 Q50. The logger is lacking big time. You cannot even log Cam timing, VVEL parameters, of maf voltage.
    Last edited by sohc_mshue; 09-29-2022 at 08:40 PM.
    SHUETUNING
    Powertraincontrolsolutions

Tuner in Training
    I have the same issues with the scanner missing essential parameters , submitted two tickets for the same issues its been over a year and nothing has been added.

Tuner in Training
    well for me almost everything that I need to log is there except for one thing which is the EQ Ratio commanded which shows false data the whole time which is frustrating because I cannot log EQ error which as you know is a huge help but what to do take what you get and try to make the most of it but it would. be nice to be able to log those missing parameters and the support team are helpful they added the knock sensor parameter when it was missing