Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1GR-FE Throttle Closing

1GR-FE Throttle Closing

Has anyone managed to get around the throttle closing when doing aftermarket superchargers? I've tried the Optimum TQ tables and the TQ based limits and still shutting the throttle on WOT

Appreciate any suggestions

Tuner
    Can you post a log? Are you sure it's not traction control? I've done quite a few 1GR's now (4.5L cammed S/C, custom turbo setups, etc) and I've never run into a throttle closure situation.

Good to know, Im pretty sure it doesnt have traction control as it normally goes off as soon as you start to do a run on the dyno. Will check again today and pull fuse just in case.

Log attached

screenshot
    2021-05-23 07_26_37.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    I think your 'upsetting' the ABS computer. You can validate this by:

Under Engine/Airflow/Electronic Throttle/Limits/Torque Based/High Load

Set the right half from say 154.9 of requested torque and up, across all RPM's to 84.0 and I suspect you'll find you that'll fix it.
    Last edited by JustDSM; 05-22-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustDSM View Post
    Under Engine/Airflow/Electronic Throttle/Limits/Torque Based/High Load

Set the right half from say 154.9 of requested torque and up, across all RPM's to 84.0 and I suspect you'll find you that'll fix it.
    I set the whole map to 86 as a test, no change - can try again

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kangsta View Post
    Interesting.. If that didn't do it, I have to say I'm surprised.

Can you share some details on what you're working with?

Its a 2009 Hilux 1GR-FE with a TRD supercharger bolted on aftermarket. So working with the NA cal as a factory TRD isnt available

Double checked, there?s no VSC, ABS unplugged is the same

Tuner
    Interesting.. Is this with the native Hilux ECU or a retrofitted USDM Tacoma ECU?

Native Hilux ECU

Tuner
    Care to share the stock Hilux read? Sounds like you've done your due diligence however.

On the USDM Tacoma, the steps I outlined a few posts above will disable the traction control's ability to close the throttle, however stability control still has ability to shut down the fun. I'm curious what differences there are between the Hilux/Tacoma (coding wise). I'm not sure if a support ticket to HPTuners would be of any help to see if we can get some potentially missing tables/parameters defined for Traction/Stability control "tuning".

Did you found a way to make the throttle open all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.AT View Post
    Did you found a way to make the throttle open all the way.
    I ended up using unichip to open the throttle back up. What car are you working with, might help to post the file and see if anyone has any ideas

I ended up using unichip to open the throttle back up. What car are you working with, might help to post the file and see if anyone has any ideas
    I tune toyota and lexus in general with another software. because hp tuner does not support all cars.
    i actually fix it by reducing the timing at the same point of the rpm

You need to increase your desired torque. I've only had a few that have closed thottle while being boosted.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

Potential Tuner

1gr throttle closing on 5600rpm

Has anyone managed to get around the throttle closing when doing aftermarket superchargers? I've tried the Optimum TQ tables and the TQ based limits and still shutting the throttle on WOT

Appreciate any suggestions
    i did one yesterday ,the 1gr in the cruiser and Hilux do throttle closing, I shift the limiter to 6200rpm with software and then put the soft limiter on the unichip ,also the injector clamping on the Trd and Magnusson charger ,here the cruisers don't have traction control ,just the Hilux

Tuner
    most of the time is in 1st gear and its not torque based its an internal ETC Limiter map i found it with other software that limits the opening in some situations

Can't you just max out tc/tq tables like on LS ?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by witchertorque View Post
    most of the time is in 1st gear and its not torque based its an internal ETC Limiter map i found it with other software that limits the opening in some situations
    did you overcome the closing by adjusting the etc limiter map ?
    will you share the name of the other software ? bitedit or winols ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mep_q8 View Post
    You need to increase your desired torque. I've only had a few that have closed thottle while being boosted.
    I did try to increase the desired of the torque and nothing was change. it's even close with high IAT.