Thread: first datalog for a rookie

Potential Tuner

first datalog for a rookie

Getting my feet wet with datalogging and tuning. So help me out!!!! The attached is a log/file of my project truck, "coyotefifty," a 1950 Ford F1, 1st gen coyote, FRPP ECU, t-56 trans.

Nothing has been changed yet. The truck is still a work in progress. I still need to wire the VSS to the computer, so i'm missing that PID. And I don't even have a tach so that's on the list. The datalog is a 0 mph to 85 mph pull.

So, am i logging the right PIDs? And any thoughts on how the engine is running? Again i'm a rookie, just diving in. Watching youtube, reading the fourums here, and i've bought the "coyote cookbook."

Thanks for looking!!!!!

coyotefifity as found.hpt
    coyotefifty.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Nice brother. You were power shifting second lol ? Looks like some wheelspin haha.

What kind of gas are you using? I'm surprised timing isn't higher but is it knocking a little up top? I'd go fatter on the fueling than .850, especially up top.. I used to run .835 progressing to .820 up top. It might help you get more timing/power out of it and eliminate any knock.

Is it Coyote Gen1 truck engine or mustang? lol.

Don't log (SAE) parameters for anything that you want high resolution on! They are the slowest! Search for the ones without...
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Potential Tuner
    thanks blackbolt22

motor is from a 2012 mustang

I was running track addict at the same time.......truck has only been on the road for about 6 weeks, just really getting into driving hard. Just curious of my 1/8 mile times.

Really datalogging for tuning should be done with a 2nd gear pull from 2k or so up to redline right?

As for the SAE measurements, what makes them have less resolution? And thanks for letting me know. I'll work on changing them up.

Im using a 4" spectre air intake kit that has a reducer in it for the MAF as the FRPP is tuned for a 3.5" pipe. So after reading the coyote cookbook, i think the first couple tuning changes i'll due is change the WOT fuel to .82 or so and rescale the MAF for the 4" pipe.

As for fuel, i'm buying 93 octane. But with the latest gas crisis i'm sure i wasnt getting what i paid for and got some junk mixed in. And i know for sure around NC fuel advertised as E10 is usally has greater ethanol conte