Thread: MED17 spark efficiency

MED17 spark efficiency

Hello,

I was working on a 2016 RS7 today and after a few adjustments with the optimum torque/maximum load tables and a few other limiters, I managed to get more boost. Pretty awesome to not have to touch any wastegates duty tables to raise boost haha.

I got stuck with timing being super retarded once I was getting more boost. No knock, just the timing would drop low once into boost with the increased torque tables.

Long story short, if I put 100% across the spark efficiency table, the ecu follows the base timing tables pretty well. I wasn't expecting this to solve my problem but it did. So my question is, what exactly this table does ? Is it ok to leave it to 100% ? The car drove very well and made great power every run.

Logs coming in shortly.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by chuckk View Post
    Hello,

I was working on a 2016 RS7 today and after a few adjustments with the optimum torque/maximum load tables and a few other limiters, I managed to get more boost. Pretty awesome to not have to touch any wastegates duty tables to raise boost haha.

I got stuck with timing being super retarded once I was getting more boost. No knock, just the timing would drop low once into boost with the increased torque tables.

Long story short, if I put 100% across the spark efficiency table, the ecu follows the base timing tables pretty well. I wasn't expecting this to solve my problem but it did. So my question is, what exactly this table does ? Is it ok to leave it to 100% ? The car drove very well and made great power every run.

Logs coming in shortly.

Thank you
    On Simos18 the ignition angle efficiency tables are used to determine indicated torque, so you may have changed that model. I think they might also be used in the inverse airflow to torque model to determine how much airflow is necessary to hit a target torque number. This is on Simos though, so the logic may not be the same on MED17
    Previous
    2007 Mustang GT w/ Whipple supercharger
    2013 Focus ST
    2016 Volkswagen GTI

Current
    2019 Golf R

Advanced Tuner
    Hello,

Logs coming in shortly.

Thank you
    Logs and stock vs tuned file would help alot

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Here is a log of the timing being pulled down while cruising and with the tune file that is currently in it.TGREG_AUDIRS7_rev4.hptcruising.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Here is a log of the timing being pulled down while cruising and with the tune file that is currently in it.TGREG_AUDIRS7_rev4.hptcruising.hpl
    is the first instance of this occurring at 14.73 seconds into the log? -14.3* of timing on decel (0% APP) would indicate its a function of the burble portion of the tune that is enabled in your file, hope this helps