Thread: Service electrical system after SD tune...help please.

Tuner in Training

Service electrical system after SD tune...help please.

I've chased this problem for a year now, and after reading several posts on here it seems it's not uncommon. Problem is, no one ever posts the fix or and info. Is failing the MAF for a SD tune the cause and a service electrical system message is something we need to live with? Thanks

2005 Corvette 2.5bar SD tune.

Tuner in Training
    I just responded on the other topic. First, I don't own a corvette, so I don't know for that specific application.

On my truck, The entire time I am doing a SD tune, I have an engine code for a failed MAF. Use a code reader or the tuning program and read your codes. If the only reason for the SES is the failed MAF, and you are only failing the MAF for the tune, I would not worry about it. Anything you do like this to remove a code, you have to undo to revert back to the factory settings. If you don't, and the MAF actually does fail later on, you wont know about it....

If you are removing the MAF system from the car, I am sure there are plenty of instructional videos online about how to disable these codes and get rid of the light....

Casey

Tuner in Training
    Casey, thanks for chiming in. On this 2005 Corvette, the service electrical system is actually a message that pops up in the DIC (driver information center) It's annoying.