Thread: Operating systems don't match?

Potential Tuner

Operating systems don't match?

I am new to HP Tuners. Having MAF Issues with 6.0 and Summit stage2 truck cam. I thought I'd do the enhanced MAF upgrade and now I can't write to the truck anymore

Senior Tuner
    Did you write entire or write calibration with the COS?

Potential Tuner
    I followed the instructions exactly as written, I really wanted to back out of the Operating system screen but, the way it was worded, I was afraid to just close out of that particular window and go back to where I was at. I didn't want to BRICK the PCM.
    I am hoping that all I need to do is start over with a fresh scan from VCM Scanner(with the new parameters/OS) and try to adjust and write.
    Why do the Scan files go to a Sample folder? Why doesn't the Sample folder transfer to Editor?
    I'll keep my hopes up, but being down to one vehicle after the engine change is getting old...

Potential Tuner
    This is NUTZZZZ!!!! I don't understand, why don't the operating systems match, I did a scan after the Code Modification Update. and the Editor doesn't recognize the OS...I might be a noob, but I can follow simple directions.

Senior Tuner
    You are not being clear on what your issue is. A custom OS is going to have a different OS that the original stock one. You MUST do a write entire to the PCM to apply it. So you will be writing an OS with a different number to the PCM than what is in it.

Senior Tuner
    Scanner and Editor are completely separate programs. Files do not co mingle between the 2 programs. I don't think you have a very good understanding of how to use HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    I did the "Write entire" as the Code Modification was asking for. It was successful, I then read the truck in Editor, added 10 RPM to the Base Idle, tried to write Calibration, and then I got the Operating systems don't match message...
    You are correct, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I didn't think that this was going to be such a kick in the face.

Senior Tuner
    If the Editor is telling you that the OS's don't match, then you're either trying to modify that incorrect file, or you didn't do the Write Entire procedure properly.

Potential Tuner
    I was trying to read the truck while a previous file was open. I closed it, read all. Opened the Editor, added 10 RPM to the base Idle and it finally wrote the file!!!!
    I opened the Scanner, and verified the idle setting!! I was trying to scale the MAF multiply .5% g/s to try and match the "As Found File". It just doesn't want to cooperate. Reading the DTC's show MAF Circuit High Pending
    I'm going have to find a tuner in the area, I have been watching Goat Rope and others on Youtube and thought I could do it... WRONG!!!
    I had originally ordered a PCM that was "ready to go" so I could keep the Stock PCM and 6.0 together. but, this has been anything but ready to go.
    I'll keep my eyes crossed.
    Thanks for all the help.