Thread: 2017 ford 6.7 lost ecm communication/vin

Potential Tuner

2017 ford 6.7 lost ecm communication/vin

I flashed my 6.7 an everything went good didn?t say failed then when finished trying to start then truck doesn?t recognize ecm anymore is there a recovery file or do I need to take it to the dealership to have a factory flash done to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ditterts6.7 View Post
    I flashed my 6.7 an everything went good didn?t say failed then when finished trying to start then truck doesn?t recognize ecm anymore is there a recovery file or do I need to take it to the dealership to have a factory flash done to it?
    Is your battery voltage good? Will it let you flash your stock file back into it?

Potential Tuner
    I?m a few months behind on getting back on this forum lol but I got it reflashed at ford an didn?t try again, I am still interested in tuning the truck again I didn?t have a charger on the truck when I was flashing it I?m thinking that was the problem are then any steps to follow more when trying to flash it again I?m rereading an it?s says something different now that I need a mpv2 instead of my older mpv1

Quote Originally Posted by Ditterts6.7 View Post
    I?m a few months behind on getting back on this forum lol but I got it reflashed at ford an didn?t try again, I am still interested in tuning the truck again I didn?t have a charger on the truck when I was flashing it I?m thinking that was the problem are then any steps to follow more when trying to flash it again I?m rereading an it?s says something different now that I need a mpv2 instead of my older mpv1
    Yeah.... the fact that it let you try to flash with a MPVI1 probably was your original issue IMO. Get an MPVI2 or MPVI2+

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, ya idk originally it read everything an said it was all good but I?ll go ahead an get a new one coming an try it out again an see what happen I haven?t needed a new one for all the cummins tuning I?ve done

If the PCM is bricked and HPT can't communicate with it you can recover with IDS or Forscan then retry with reading with HPT.
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    I have gotten the MPVI2+ an tried to read the truck again an now all I get is failed to read the pcm partially an has nothing for engine modification but the tcm reads fine an it?s all there I have a file I down loaded from the original MPVI1 an it all worked an everything but that?s the file that I used when it said finished an messed the ecm up is there another way to read the ecm I selected the 6.7 diesel 17+ on the scroll down selections or can I get a good file to download an then tune with?