Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.7L Switchable Tuning Possibility

Banned

6.7L Switchable Tuning Possibility

Well after many hours of racking my brain and looking at how the CCV sensor plug is used in EZ Lynk for SOTF tuning, moving into EZ Lynk as I?ve been getting requests for it, I may have found the answer! And if it works, it can be used with HP Tuners, EFILive and MM3, even though the last two have their own SOTF system.

Tuner in Training
    if actually just acquired the job to try and construct a switchable tune for 05. assuming air density ranges are in 4 separate tables for about 90% of the file all i need to do is find switch that changes the bars with resistance. but anyhow i just started today.

Banned
    Well I have it partially working. Need to play around with it some more to get it right.

Tuner in Training
    Sounds good I'm getting a switch today so I'll probably work on air density tonight or tomorrow when I get it hooked up.

Banned
    Getting closer I think to getting things figured out on getting the SOTF switch plugged in to the CCV sensor connector to control torque. It?s a 5 position switch but only have it working on 3 positions right now.

Banned
    I have the CCV switch able to switch 4 torque levels, can?t seem to get all 5 positions to be able to control torque levels though. I?m fairly certain that there?s some coding needed to do it the way people do it in EZ Lynk as those tunes switch operating modes and I can?t find any parameters to be able to control that through a switch, just switching between torque tables.

Tuner in Training
    You have 4 modes and a stock?

Banned
    No, 4 switchable levels. The switch is a 5 position switch but best I?ve been able to get is making it so positions 1 through to 3 are different power levels then positions 4 and 5 are the same power level.

Tuner in Training
    I haven't had time to review my 6.7 file to give insite. Why did you choose ccv. Or does that help modify air density?

Banned
    It?s what?s used on the EZ Lynk SOTF tunes. The CCV switch method cannot be done without user defined parameters, it doesn?t modify air density. I?m pretty certain for the EZ Lynk SOTF files they are using a custom OS as those switch operating modes and there is nothing in the ECM?s to do that through the CCV that I?ve found.
    Last edited by Jim P; 05-29-2021 at 11:25 AM.

Tuner in Training
    My switch also requires a custom os to run Ill try and fine a resistance switch

Banned
    No custom OS required if using the switch to change air pressure to have it switch between tables.

Banned
    Just hit me on how to use the CCV sensor connector to change operating modes for different power levels, no custom OS needed!!!

Banned
    Needs some fine tuning but it will work by the looks of it. On EFILive, used in conjunction with their CSP OS, on the 2010-2012 it should give a possible 17 switchable positions.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I had a socal diesel switch. Might build my own if you don't have a better idea for me. Will order some RS26 switch's, pack of resistors, pack of diodes and some wire to see how that goes if I was to get anywhere I'll finish product later

Banned
    I?m using the GDP 5 position rotary switch. I should have the CCV SOTF fully functional soon. Took a bunch of data reads that each switch position gives me, now to work some magic with parameters!

Banned
    I have it working! At some point I?ll post up a video of it working. Used in conjunction with the EFILive CSP tuning, on the 2010-2012 I can create a 13 position switchable tuning file and the 2013+ a 11 position switchable tuning file. Each EFILive CSP tune or switch position could be a different power level then the CCV switch in positions 1 and 2 can be used to switch between a normal mode and a single injection event tune for that power level then regardless of the EFILive CSP tune selected, the CCV switch positions 3, 4 and 5 can be switched to for whatever, say valet/detuned mode and whatever a person could want those positions to be.

Tuner in Training
    Excellent work bud. I'm excited for you. Is your progress run soley through HP tuner? You mentioned EFI live

Banned
    I refuse to flash my truck with HP Tuners. I was messing around with it before and it bricked my ECM, had to buy a new ECM. I did it all with EFILive. With EFILive I have the capability of putting up to 13 different switchable tune profiles in one single tune for the 2010-2012 and 11 for the 2013+. Doing it with HP Tuners and EZ Lynk, 5 switchable tune profiles on a single tune file.