Thread: Need Logs Reviewed- TCC mode/slip/ect

Tuner in Training

Need Logs Reviewed- TCC mode/slip/ect

Vehicle is 2006 Jeep SRT8, stock engine/trans with a single 76mm turbo @5psi. I attached two logs here. Log 1 is a WOT run 0-110mph... Notice that the TCC stays unlocked the entire time and TCC slip is quite high... at least in my opinion. Log 2 is a roll from 40 mph in drive... the TCC mode stays in slip and very little TCC slip.

Is it normal for the TCC mode to stay "unlocked" in 1-4 gear in WOT... Why would it stay in "slip" mode when doing a roll where it drops into second gear?

log1.hpl

log2.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    Vehicle is 2006 Jeep SRT8, stock engine/trans with a single 76mm turbo @5psi. I attached two logs here. Log 1 is a WOT run 0-110mph... Notice that the TCC stays unlocked the entire time and TCC slip is quite high... at least in my opinion. Log 2 is a roll from 40 mph in drive... the TCC mode stays in slip and very little TCC slip.

Is it normal for the TCC mode to stay "unlocked" in 1-4 gear in WOT... Why would it stay in "slip" mode when doing a roll where it drops into second gear?

log1.hpl

log2.hpl
    Have you set your commanded slip tables to 0 where you don't wish to have slip (I assume you don't want any slip during high load WOT conditions)?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, basically everything above 70 percent throttle is 0 from how I read this table.. I applied this to comfort, normal, and sport.

TCC slip table.PNG

Another thing to note is that if I do a roll from say 40 mph in D, when it drops to second it will go to slip, rather than unlocked like it does from a dead stop. When it goes to slip it is able to apply enough pressure to minimize slip and meet the slip targets I have set. See log 3.

log3.hpl