Thread: 14 Silverado Turbo Throttle Position goes wide open on its own

14 Silverado Turbo Throttle Position goes wide open on its own

Long story short, 2014 Silverado with a single turbo, 6psi runs and drives great .Just one problem, If I accelerate at a medium speed the truck will start to build boost and once it does the throttle position will start moving towards a 100% even with the accelerator position never moving. Below 30% throttle the truck will accelerate and shift from 1-2-3-4 without issues and the map never goes over 100kpa. At WOT the truck hauls and has no issues. If I accelerate moderately enough say 40% the truck will start making boost around 2500rpms. At this time the throttle will start opening and then go wide open even though my foot never changes position on the gas pedal. I see desired throttle air flow and actual airflow are really close when everything is normal. when the truck starts making boost at part throttle I see actual airflow goes up and throttle airflow stays the same and then the ecm starts opening the throttle to get the desired throttle inline with actual. So I know the problem, just looking for a little direction on what to do to keep the throttle from opening as boost comes in.

Thank You
    Bad383TA

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i would adjust your DD
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Agree

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner
    My truck used to do this too, but I don't remember what I did to fix it.
    Post a tune and log and I can check it out.

Did you do the BARO breakout?
    2014 Silverado L83 | Knockoff S369 Turbo | LT1 Fuel Pump and Injectors | MAST L84 Port Intake | MS3Pro Secondary Fuel Computer