Thread: FA histogram setup and use (help)

Tuner in Training

FA histogram setup and use (help)

hi guys, i've setup and have successfully started to log my AFR gauge into the software. I have transformed the volt input to display for AFR stoich.

BUT, there seems to be a few kinks i've stumbled upon
    1) i can read AFR in stoich (10-19) in the PID side of the scanner but not in the histogram i made.
    2) though some research and 5th grade math i was able to convert .0695 FA to (1/.0695) = ~14.3885 stoich which is commanded (also in the PIDs) but would like some input on the MATHs i created. SEE PICs BELOW
    3) in the MATH i've input some sample numbers into a spreadsheat to see what kinda numbers would be output i see both positive and negative.
    4) would i simply add the numbers generated into the VE tables to correct the error or would i need to paste special divide half. i see both and am curious.
    5) would it be safe to just run OL O2s from this point forward. i dont have rear O2s or cats but the wiring is still there for the rears. scanner never goes to closed loop, says either OL-not ready or OL - fault
    6) in the histogram im using numbers for the Unit(), is that acceptable or should i be using a different unit

side note any one ever have vapor lock using long tube headers on 5.7 motor? no start when hot

EDIT: just noticed in the histogram pic i used the the wrong MATH - i see it has been corrected.

SEE PICS
    i included the exact formula into the spreadsheet and replace the word volts with the corresponding cell IE 1.5 1.6 1.7 and so on
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by chadillac; 05-27-2021 at 10:14 PM. Reason: error in a picture

Tuner
    Row axis should be same as in the VE table. Pressure Ratio and not MAP. Look under Maths>pressure>pressure ratio. Just a suggestion
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete

Tuner in Training
    i changed MAP to pressure ratio. no success

Tuner
    Taking a chance but, do you have ID 50120 and 50121 in the Channel list? They are Air-Fuel Ratio (sensor) and Air-Fuel Ratio Commanded (sensor).

Tuner in Training
    i resynced the scanner and that helped.

as far as the no start it was tune related no sure what exactly yet but i copied some fields from another 04 ram cam upgrade someone posted in another thread. some of my calculations must be off due to the gauge reading one thing and the histogram showing some numbers slightly tweaked.
    i wrapped the headers and in the process i unplugged and plugged the O2s back in, dumb i know but i can use closed loop again.

Tuner
    well done.