Thread: Camaro 2.0T how to actually raise booost

Advanced Tuner

Camaro 2.0T how to actually raise booost

So, this car only has an intake and decatted stock downpipe, im trying to raise the boost on the top end and achieve a flatter boost curve but no matter what i change it stays the same.

can somebody shed some light in this one?

tune1.hpt Tune with the changes i made, currently going into REP because of an overboost code
    dynotune11.hpl This is the datalog with the changes i made
    tune0.hpt stock tune
    dynotune1.hpl stock datalog

Advanced Tuner
    It seems shared knowledge is very limited for this platform so ill continue sharing what i have in the hopes that it will help whoever needs info.

So we went to the street and this is what the last tune i left in the car behaved like
    streettest1.hpl
    at the end of that pull the car went into REP with an over boost code, and the throttle wouldn't open over 50%, so i went back to the stock tune and....
    streettest3.hpl
    Still had a closing throttle body, and still had the over boost code.

From there onward i tried decreasing the Wastegate Base DC so actual boost wouldn't spike over desired boost and trip the over boost, that made the throttle stay open a bit more before going into REP, decreasing it even more made no difference, that made me conclude that the PID system for the boost was making the corrections over the base DC table.

So next i tried taking the Proportional gain down so it wouldn't overshoot the desired boost, and it kinda worked, still it overshoots it, but now it stays within the allowed error for the overboost.

Next step i tried cutting driver demand by half, on the two bottom rows, that landed me lower boost and the throttle was still closing to 30% under boost.
    streettest8 half dd.hpl

So lets see what happens if i add 50% to the driver demand table.
    streettest9 2ble dd.hpl
    Well it made more boost, but still had the closing throttle and the falling boost curve, so no progress on this one.

What i did notice between the two runs was a change in sound, it sounded like the blow-off was open the whole way and the compressor surge limit table description reads "Compressor Surge Limit: Above this pressure ratio the BOV/BPV will open" so i maxed that table and.......
    streettest10 good boost.hpl
    EUREKA! no more falling boost, still had the closing throttle but now it makes constant boost.

So, lets try and double driver demand and lets see if i can get more boost out of it.
    streettest12 double dd.hpl
    no change in boost. So now lets see if i can get the throttle to stay open.

Tried raising the torque limit vs rpm tables, no change, tried raising Boost max limit and knock air mass, no change, tried going and raising the virtual torque tables, no change, and lastly raised the pressure ratio limit for the throttle (that works on the gen V v8) but saw no change.

So this is where im at now, i have run out of ideas but im leaving the data logs and tunes here to save you from going thru all the tests i have done.
    streettest13 last of the day.hpl
    tune2 good boost no throttle.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Did you see if you have any Torque Limiters? I know some of the newer cars use Torque Based Tables. For example the Silverado I tuned has the limiters adjusted, and on some of the Ford and Audi stuff I tuned it works off of Torque Demanded and such. In addition, I had to adjust the Torque tables as well. I haven't checked out the file yet but it could be that the reason the throttle is pushing back is because there are some limiters still in place.

I'll take a look when I am off work and after school and see if there is anything I can offer!
    2015 Silverado 6.2 - Intake, Exhaust, E85
    2009 Cobalt SS z57Turbo e47 FBO, Larger Fuel Cam Lobe
    2014 Audi S5 Double Pulley HPTuners Tuned
    "Bagee Tuned" Tuner - Tuning in the 559 Area

"Just an amateur tuner going to law school"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_cheese View Post
    Did you see if you have any Torque Limiters? I know some of the newer cars use Torque Based Tables. For example the Silverado I tuned has the limiters adjusted, and on some of the Ford and Audi stuff I tuned it works off of Torque Demanded and such. In addition, I had to adjust the Torque tables as well. I haven't checked out the file yet but it could be that the reason the throttle is pushing back is because there are some limiters still in place.

I'll take a look when I am off work and after school and see if there is anything I can offer!
    i logged everything i could find that started with "source" or "limiter" but they dont change

Potential Tuner
    Hey MJ, i also facing your problem in my ATS 2.0t E80A PCM, my desired boost can only reach 2.1-2.3bar under WOT. Now i have tried some steps exactly like your did in this post . But result the same . So i wonder have you figure out the final solution?

This tune will work on 17+ ATS 2.0 20-21 psi to 6000 rpm. Flex fuel
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wrong log attached. This is the correct one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    That's help dave! Thanks , So the key on your tune file ,i guess .DD table ??

That's part of it. Knock airmass and I forget what else. I paid for a tuning from a well-known tuner. I was unhappy with the drivability. The DD was raised everywhere. Car was jerky and surged. It also had a lot of knock. It took about 20 revisions to get the boost to peak at 250kpa and keep the throttle open the whole time.