Thread: Wideband recommendation please

Potential Tuner

Wideband recommendation please

I am just getting started with HTP. 2010 C6, LS3.

What is the best option for a wideband, brand, model and location?

I will have a notebook in the cabin and want to connect the wideband to a virtual AFR gauge.

Thanks!
    Last edited by SteveJewels; 05-29-2021 at 06:16 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i have always used AEM products and find them to be good value and great quality

there is new version also which can have you log your wideband via OBD adaptor so you can bring that in the scanner
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Obviously, just a bit biased. But, it is really difficult to come up with a good reason to go with anything other than the AEM 30-0334 OBDII based wideband, for any vehicle made after 2007.

Or after 2005 depending on platform. GTO, Corvette, V8 GMT360s, LS4 W-bodies...

Advanced Tuner
    What they said. If I only messed with 05+ stuff, then I would use the AEM with the OBD2 pass through.

I mess with a lot of different stuff, so I chose a Ballenger WB to interface with the MPVI2 Pro

Tuner in Training
    I am also new to this stuff. I added a AEM gauge type 30-0300 from Summit. It is a controller and gauge all in one. I felt having the gauge would allow me to verify the date being passed into the HPT software was accurate. Works as expected. No surprises, it all matched. Fairly easy to understand and wire. I used the CAN pass through into the Prolink connector. Documentation is fair. Depending on your level of understanding this stuff, mine is very low, but figured it out without much frustration. There is a AEM box type unit that dose not utilize a gauge. 30-0310 Does the same thing as the all-in-one gauge except there is no visual gauge to have to install and I think is less costly. Knowing what I know now, I think I would just do the box and trust the data is correct in HPT though I must say it's nice to have the display for just in case the HPT is not communicating correctly. I use a 2005 GTO E40 ECU.

Tuner
    I am using AEM 30-0300 and it is working great
    Abdulaziz T Hadi - E-mail: [email protected]

I used an AEM 30-0334 for a long time as it integrates easily into the scanner and with some wiring you can get the 0-5v output for the older non CAN vehicles. Recently switched to a AEM 30-0310 and put on the CAN for the pro-link, now i have CAN WBO2 in my scanner for anything from old to new that HPTuners will scan. I have also had a nice Dr. guy reprogram the AEM 30-0310 for OBD CAN protocols and then permanently mount them in cars that want to see WBO2 in the scanner, without wanting to look at a gauge all the time, when ever they want.
    2017 Crew Short 4x4 - 575hp/581trq at the tire
    2017 C7 GS 3LT - All stock for now, waiting impatiently for shop time to install parts