Thread: Pro-Link Wiring to AEM 30-0300

Potential Tuner

Pro-Link Wiring to AEM 30-0300

Can someone please validate how to wire the Pro-Link to the AEM 30-0300? Its a non CAN BUS LS1.

Pro-link Directions
    - Black ? GND --> This is clear
    - Red ? Analog 1 --> Which AEM wire? White? or Brown?
    - Blue ? Analog 2 --> not used if I use the Red wire?
    - Orange ? CAN High --> not used in my application
    - Yellow ? CAN Low --> not used in my application

Its been frustrating try to find a clear answer. Almost everything I have found is how to get he AEM CAn guage to read analog, or something like that. Any clarification is appreciated, I just dont want to change burning this thing up.

Prolink black to aem brown
    Prolink red or blue (your choice) to aem white
    That is it

Instructions:
    Pro-Link
    AEM 30-0300
    Last edited by crankz1; 06-03-2021 at 12:11 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cket View Post
    Can someone please validate how to wire the Pro-Link to the AEM 30-0300? Its a non CAN BUS LS1.

Pro-link Directions

Its been frustrating try to find a clear answer. Almost everything I have found is how to get he AEM CAn guage to read analog, or something like that. Any clarification is appreciated, I just dont want to change burning this thing up.

Potential Tuner
    r0cket did you ever get yours working? I am having the same issue with the 30-0300 and the prolink. The wiring instructions are so simple and every video makes it too easy to understand and hook up, yet it doesn't read in hp tuners properly. I couldn't get it to work with the serial Port so I gave up on that route. I'm starting to think I have a defective guage..

Had this issue also. Turned out to be my settings in the scanner. I was using the wrong input. When I get home I will check and see what it was I did.

Potential Tuner
    following

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Had this issue also. Turned out to be my settings in the scanner. I was using the wrong input. When I get home I will check and see what it was I did.
    Did you figure out what setting you changed?

Tuner in Training
    I'm having issues with the serial for my AEM wideband also. The Prolink works fine. But when I hook up to Serial, I am seeing a 18.3EQ ratio being read in the scanner. It just stays stagnant at that number when the engine is running. Transforming the output makes no difference. I read somewhere that the pin # on the serial plug might be off. Pin #2 Rx and Pin #3 Tx output. I might try switching the wires to see if I get any data that way.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisxiv View Post
    I'm having issues with the serial for my AEM wideband also. The Prolink works fine. But when I hook up to Serial, I am seeing a 18.3EQ ratio being read in the scanner. It just stays stagnant at that number when the engine is running. Transforming the output makes no difference. I read somewhere that the pin # on the serial plug might be off. Pin #2 Rx and Pin #3 Tx output. I might try switching the wires to see if I get any data that way.
    I'm having the same issue. Let us know what you find out

Potential Tuner
    Old thread, but still following. 😅

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by r0cket View Post

Pro-link Directions

I just dealt with this today installing my pro-link/mpvi3/aem 30-3000 wideband. Wired everything up using the white analog output from the aem to the red on the pro-link, and the brown from the aem to the black of the pro-link. I could not get the channel to display the same AFR in VCM scanner as the gauge was showing. After hours of research and trying different things, I finally found the white analog wire pin had came out of the connector on the back of the gauge. Seems to work great now!

Tuner in Training
    I am currently using an AEM 30-0310 and can read AFR but not Lambda. I have been using Goatropes set ups can use the Maths to and log MAF to see AFR % difference but no changes get me to Lambda. I have the MPIV1 so I must use the serial connection. The funny thing is ,I also have an EFI V-2 and can read and log both AFR and Lambda. Anyone have any ideas. I really would like to use HP to correct the MAF andd the VVE as the process looks much simpler. Thanks in advance.
    Lanny