Thread: Stock NOVI 1200 head unit not cutting it, NEED MORE POWER

Stock NOVI 1200 head unit not cutting it, NEED MORE POWER

Hi,
    got a 2007 3v with a non IC novi 1200, mutha thumpr cams, and a jegs intake (looks like a sniper intake knock off).
    I know the set up is horrible for low-end power, although i make tons of power above 5500rpm. I get spanked by any newer camaros, mustangs, corvettes etc at the stab on a roll but am on their back bumper every time since of the low-end power problem. I want to make boost in the lower RPMs.

Would you guys recommend going back to the stock intake with steeda delete plates? or would a smaller pulley help me out in down low boost? or a combo of both? I don't want to push over 12lbs of boost because I'm on stock internals still. Just looking to push my luck to show up some new fiddy's and LT1's. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jacob

Potential Tuner
    I have a novi 1200sl, I spank cameros and 5ohs all day long. Honestly your setup is all kinds of a bad combo for drivable power... I bet it sounds bad@$$ af though (love the sound of thumpers).

Your biggest hindrance is your cam, the thumpers have way to much overlap to run good with boost. A good chunk of boost and power is literally going straight through the head and the out the exhaust. To be honest the gain in low end torque and top end power you'd gain with stock cams would be worth putting them back in.

Next on the list would be to install an intercooler and smaller pulley on the charger.

Advanced Tuner
    Or just leave it as is and just toss a 5k stall in it

/done