Thread: new to tuning needing help

Potential Tuner

new to tuning needing help

I have a 05 Chevy avalanche 5.3L vortec L59 with ported truck intake opened exhaust ports shorty headers K&N CAI was tuned by Hoosier tuner but now i have started upgrades went to sloppy stage 2 cam with new pushrods, lifters, springs and roller rockers. have decapped flow tested 78 lb injectors and i have the 76mm turbo ready to get mounted but going to leave it off for now having problems im not sure what is going on it backfires and seems to not have anywhere near the power it should.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Decapped injectors are junk, get new injectors or you will be chasing your tail forever trying to make that thing run right.

Get a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning and start reading up on MAF and VE tuning in open loop with a wideband. The airflow model needs a lot of fixing for it to run right.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Decapped injectors are junk, get new injectors or you will be chasing your tail forever trying to make that thing run right.

Get a wideband oxygen sensor for tuning and start reading up on MAF and VE tuning in open loop with a wideband. The airflow model needs a lot of fixing for it to run right.

Have a wideband just got it and have new injectors on the way had the current injectors flow tested and they r within 2.5lbs figured that would be good this is my daily driver and she actually caught fire twice in 1 day i had to replace the engine and tranny wire harness and fix alot plus clean up the fire extinguisher left overs out of everything. its been a huge uphill battle. almost gave in a couple times and just said forget it but I have rebuilt this truck from the ground up.
    thanks I will get right on that area thanks