Thread: E67 ZR1 w/6L80 - communication issues

E67 ZR1 w/6L80 - communication issues

Hey All,

I'm hoping someone can chime in here as I'm at a bit of a loss. Added a 6L80E to a 2009 Zr1 and wired it in without issue. In VCM scanner I can see the transmission control module and scan all it's parameters live (PRNDL, ISS, OSS, etc). With the stock ZR1 "manual" file still in the PCM the car starts and I can see both controllers, but of course the TCM is reporting "U101 no communication from PCM/ECM". So they aren't talking to each other. I assumed this would happen and have done the following with no success :

-Changed the "trans type" from Auto to Manual in the stock ZR1 tune.
    -Reflashed the PCM with a CTS-V file (vats disabled) only.
    -Reflashed the PCM AND TCM with a CTS-V file.

I used HPT to do write entire on each instance but still have communication issues. with the CTS-V files I get multiple controllers getting upset. I assumed that since they are both E67 cars that the communication messages should be the same. It's hard to believe that GM changed so much for two such similar cars. both FI, both FPCM, etc.

One thing I haven't tried is using Mongoose with SPS to do a full flash in case some parts of the flash aren't being done with a write entire. Does anyone have any input on this? I was thinking to wire in a E38 to this corvette but don't know that obstacles that will introduce.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

Lots of files talked about, zero files posted. No guarantee doing so will solve the problem but not posting them is pretty much a guarantee that it won't be.