I have searched far and wide for info on this, and there is alot of good info out there. But there are some questions that have crept up that are not answered in this info found, or I am not understanding it as it is presented. It is also possible I have just missed it in the mountain of things read, videos watched, and so on, but searching for this again has not given me any answers. I also get to the point where I read/watch so much, that I think the next best thing is to try stuff and learn by doing applying the knowledge acquired. Just don't want to break anything.

Coming from tuning gen3 only before this, I get that alot of the basics still apply. MAF/VVE need to be taken care of. But in what order on a gen5 in relation to torque/virtual torque? Based on my limited but expanding understanding of the whole torque system now at play, trying to figure out where it fits in.

I'm looking to kind of pin down an "order of tuning", kind of like what I found when I started tuning gen3 stuff, either missed or cannot find for gen4 stuff, and cannot seem to find any on gen5 stuff. So here goes my idea, and please, anybody feel free to chime in with advice/experience on this. My goal is to help myself and others learn.

Truck is a 2015 Silverado 6.2l with 8spd 4wd, has a Magnuson TVS1900 supercharger with a crappy tune, no other supporting mods, and I am starting from scratch on the tune. Aiming for safe but good power within the limits of the mods, and civil driveability when desired.

So, in a nutshell, here goes my theory on how to start tuning. This also assumes DOD and variable cam timing are disabled already.

1. Adjust virtual torque tables to reflect what amount of torque is expected to be made, based on mods, plus a little extra but not overboard. I think this should be first so when you are tuning everything else, the torque management knows what to expect and there are no torque limiters coming on to hinder tuning. This is the most confusing part to me, input is appreciated.
2. Get the MAF dialed in as perfectly as possible.
3. Get VVE dialed in as perfectly as possible.
4. Tune timing
5. Edit torque management and driver demand tables as needed to keep transitions smooth, tune accelerator response as desired
6. Transmission tuning as needed based on mods/preferences.

I know this simplifies alot of things that are complicated. That is the point. To make a general road map or a basic foundation of what order to do things in for gen5. And I get the feeling there are a couple things missing or more. Please feel free to chime in!