Thread: 2015 FPCM Start Issue

Tuner in Training

2015 FPCM Start Issue

2015 Chevy Silverado 150k, Gwatney DOD Delete kit. Won't start. Died on the road while scanning with HP Tuners. No codes.
    Truck will fire but not start. Replaced Secondary Fuel Pump as Scanner show it never turned on. Tested 80lbs static after replacement. Secondary, in tank pump frame was in 4 pieces. Still no start. Replaced Primary Fuel Pump as it's quite loud since DOD kit, still no start. Scan says everything is working but Secondary never comes on except for Prime. I'm leaning toward the Fuel Pump Controller or the Fuel Pressure sensor associated with it. I've tried running all the diagnostics I can find, but I'm out of ideas. Here is the latest scan from today. The Engine does fire and it will try to run when you spray a little gas or carb cleaner.
    Any information is very appreciated. Fuel 5.hpl
    Last edited by gwvisegrip; 06-04-2021 at 01:40 PM.

Tuner in Training
    If I could just get this one question answered it would go a long way. Does the HP tuners Scanner support the Secondary Fuel Pump ON/OFF Channel when scanning? Can I believe this information in diagnosing this issue?
    I wish I had a scan with the fuel channels enabled when I had an operational vehicle to be able to test against. I've been looking around for a scan from a working vehicle in the forums and I'm not finding much.

Tuner in Training
    Scanned a good running 2016 yesterday on startup and verified that HP Tuners Scanner does NOT respond to the Secondary Fuel Pump (the one in the tank) with an "ON/OFF". It just says OFF even when the truck is running.
    FYI.

Tuner in Training
    are the injectors firing? log injector pulse width and injector flow rate. maybe that will show some data. my 2016 5.3 shows around 68lbs and 10ms while turning over.
    Last edited by SILV; 06-06-2021 at 09:19 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB L83/6l80e
    TSP cam 218/226, .635"/.635", 113 LSA 10% FL
    TSP LT headers
    Circle D Billet converter

Tuner in Training
    I show a secondary pulse width on cylinder #1 of 6ms when turning over. Not checked the flow rate. Will do that tonight. I've ordered all new injectors. I've got NO codes and the last thing I was doing was running a tank of 87 octane with Lucas Fuel Injector cleaner through it and we believe (even my experts, lol) that I somehow fouled either enough injectors or all the injectors to the point where I need to pull them. I cannot find any other data on the Fuel Controller, but everything leads us to believe if I had a problem with that controller I'd have a code or several but I do not.