Thread: Active Exhaust - Loud Startup in Quiet mode

Tuner in Training

Active Exhaust - Loud Startup in Quiet mode

Recently had my headers replaced with LTH's and it made things a little louder.
    Quiet mode on the active exhaust is fine though.

However when starting up, there is an initial load bark from the exhaust and its runs loud for several seconds, before settling back down into the Quiet mode.

So is there a way of keeping quiet mode quiet?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    with your car its not much a quiet mode as a stock tune needs to be adjusted for cold starts to help eliminate that very loud cold start
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    with your car its not much a quiet mode as a stock tune needs to be adjusted for cold starts to help eliminate that very loud cold start
    Thank you for the response, is this something I can be talked through, or its it an involved process that needs to be done by a tuner?
    Asking, as I'm a newbie to tuning in general (own my own MPVI2), but have only tweaked a few small bits under guidance.

Tuner in Training
    Check out my thread called "Cold start Cat warm up timing table". On my 2014 I was able to adjust this and make the car start normally. Although some in the thread said it did not work for their 18. Try it out and let us know.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Admir101 View Post
    Check out my thread called "Cold start Cat warm up timing table". On my 2014 I was able to adjust this and make the car start normally. Although some in the thread said it did not work for their 18. Try it out and let us know.
    Had a look, thanks, ut slightly different for me on a Gen3 S550.
    I have cats, so removed the retarding below -2.0 from the in neutral idle table, so if below -2.0 its now -2.0.
    This gives me a 1-2 second initial bark only.
    Now the car is complaining the cats are not hot enough, so need to block the warning, to remove engine management indicator.

Advanced Tuner
    In Spark > Advance. YOu have your Base Emission Reductions spark tables.
    Base Drive and Base Neutral, set the whole table to 55*.
    11535 and 11539