Thread: 2004 6.0 Powerstroke Need help with injector sizing tune

Potential Tuner

2004 6.0 Powerstroke Need help with injector sizing tune

Thanks in advance for any help
    I just completed a complete top end bulletproofing of my 2004 F350 dually. New heads, Head studs, injectors, regulated return, remote oil filter, 3 row radiator, Atlas 40 FICM new harnesses, etc. I built the truck around towing a trailer and not looking for huge HP increases but reliability and mileage. I have been novice programming gas engines for about a year but not enough knowledge about the 6.0 powerstroke in my truck. I made the mistake of having my injectors remanufactured and took the advice of the injector company to go 30 over nozzles on stock 133 injectors. I say this as a mistake because I am having a huge problem with getting the truck to run. The truck fired right off and ran, runs, very smooth for 8 to 10 minutes then everything turns to shit. I thought it might be the new FICM but sent that back to FICMrepair and confirmed it is good. I swapped a FICM and PCM out of another vehicle with the same outcome.
    I thought it may be the injector timing but now I am leaning to the injector 30 over nozzles and my tune.
    I made adjustments to my pedal maps and other maps but stopped because I don't want to make further adjustments without some help. I have been looking for a tuner but there is no one local that knows the 6.0 team. I was going to tow it to Phoenix to get help from Bulletproof but they don't have an opening until Oct.
    I am looking for someone who might be able to show me a tune that adjusts the mass air fuel desired or ? (recommendations) If someone has a tune for 133/30 injectors with stock everything else including the EGR, I would be willing to pay for it. The truck also has 4 inch exhaust with Cat.
    I have HPT files from multiple runs and testing if that would help.

Potential Tuner
    Try increasing your icp by about 100-200 psi from idle to about 1,000rpm