Hello everyone, been around on various car forums for 20 years, got a new toy to play with 2001 C5 convertible and decided to put heads and cam-(too much drinking one night bought a trick flow ls1 head and cam package 485 hp)

This car is an automatic, not my favorite transmission but i got a good deal and the gf could drive it.

Main idea is just touring around, so i got the 485 hp kit instead of the bigger cam versions, as looking at the hp curves the hp only increased over 6k rpm a bit.

so i went from a stock c5 to trick flow heads, a cam 216/220 .560 lift before 1.7 rockers. and a buddy gave me a stock size tb (76mm?) fast intake. I put bigger injectors in -36 lbs/hr.

I want to keep all of the emissions right now running with the stock manifolds-stock exhaust execpt straight pipe borla exhaust. I have a set of lg long tube street headers sitting in the garage but waiting for the cats to install.

So i went in and modified the tables for the bigger injectors, found that the tire data didn't match what i had so fixed that. changed some of the trans shift data.

Car runs good except when stopping the idle goes down for a minute and then recovers. Got a general misfire code during idle conitions, but not in any other case.

Peeked around tonight, and it seems the the air intake to the TB was not on straight, maybe pulling air around the mass air flow sensor. Hopefully, that was the issue will check tomorrow.

Anyway, with this mild setup, what changes should i make -in general what tables? a bit more fuel since I have more flow?

When i add the headers what should i look for to change?

Just having fun, i will probably take it and have a dyno tune but i like understanding what is going on.

thanks, Tim