Thread: Tell me I'm an idiot please (Cam'd bigger TB issues)

Tuner in Training

Tell me I'm an idiot please (Cam'd bigger TB issues)

Been playing with this truck for way to long now. Its a little 218/227 cam and he added the 6.2L intake and throttle body. The crazy thing to me is that anything over about 35% pedal sends the throttle body up to 50% or more and KPA goes to 100. I was successfully backing this down with the pedal command table (2% at a time) and then it started going into reduced power mode of course. I haven't had this much trouble with Gen V's with bigger cams but they were manual trans. The biggest issue is the jump in kpa obviously sends the truck into full boogie at low speeds. Hopefully someone smarter than myself and my buddy can tell us wtf I am doing wrong

Slade_Cam_MAP.hplSlade_Base_15-Silverado-C.hpt

Tuner in Training
    I replied to this thread and somehow its gone. anyways you need to dial in fueling. MAF and VVE tables are stock. Also virtual torque table may need some work in the idle areas. I have a 2016 silverado 5.3L with 218/226 cam that I tuned myself, so I can probably help you out a good bit. Let me know.

Also you may want to re-enable Transmission TM. That will kill the transmission quick.. But I can make some adjustments and have you try it out. And also can set you up to tune the idle and part throttle fueling using your O2s (STFT+LTFT) in the scanner. Any wide open throttle tuning you'll need a wideband. Let me know and I'll hook you up.
    Last edited by SILV; 06-07-2021 at 07:34 AM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB L83/6l80e
    TSP cam 218/226, .635"/.635", 113 LSA 10% FL
    TSP LT headers
    Circle D Billet converter

Tuner in Training
    That is odd, I have been in the MAF and VVE quite often to get the trims right...not sure why they look stock to you. Biggest difference between his cam and yours is the 10% fuel lobe. His is stock

As far as Tranny TM, he wanted to take it off due to warranty issues.

I typically tune with the O2's for part throttle using STFT's but I can enable the LTFT's as well.

Tuner in Training
    My mistake, i didn't get much sleep that night and I had another tune opened up in editor along with yours in another and I was definelty looking at the wrong one. Makes since why it was stock because the other vehicle was stock. My bad. It's possible your issue maybe in one of the torque tables. The DD table doesn't look like anything crazy like that should be going on. Have you tried putting it back stock to see what it does?
    Last edited by SILV; 06-09-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    TSP LT headers

Tuner in Training
    Yes, I have put everything back to stock twice now just to see. It doesnt like to idle to well there as it puts it into -20 to -25 degrees of timing in the virtual torque tables and it still goes straight up to 99kpa even quicker than it does not

Tuner in Training
    Here is my tune. It's not perfect but I'm not having any issues like you're experiencing. You can compare it if you need to.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    TSP LT headers

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the help sir! I will definitely contrast and compare

Potential Tuner
    had this exact same problem, A-has it ran ''right'' at all since the cam swap? we had one do this, had to repull engine, tore it down...never found anything wrong. once engine was reassembled..problem was gone.had to somehow have been out of time,. had a terrible raw fuel smell. and reduced power would come on and barely move. kpa stayed at like 98,99