Thread: 3-2 Downshift Pressure Modifier - does not respond-P59 Gen3

Potential Tuner

3-2 Downshift Pressure Modifier - does not respond-P59 Gen3

Hello,
    I just replaced my 4L60E transmission and I seem to have a 3-2 downshift flare. All other up and down shifts function correctly. When I view the scan log it clearly shows the pressure temporarily dropping during the downshift. The flare begins at 3m : 35s. (scan attached) After the downshift from 3 to 2, the Force Motor line current holds pressure at 68%, then drops to 38%. As soon as the pressure drops, the flare begins and you can see the tach sweep towards redline. It's very strange and I think this actually killed the previous transmission. My current transmission has the 3-2 control and downshift valves blocked off, so I'm thinking this is exacerbating the issue and uncovering the delay in applied pressure. It seems the PCM is a little slow in making changes in pressure from throttle input. I thought it would be no big deal to change the 3-2 Downshift Pressure Modifier table to adjust for this discrepancy. Unfortunately, I can't get this table to respond. See attached pic. No matter what I add to the table, the pressure never changes for the 3-2 shift. Does anyone know of an operating system that will run on the P59 that has these tables active? All downshift tables came with all zeros from the factory. All my info is attached in the VCMSuiteInfo.txt file. Additionally, I verified the current transmission is mechanically sound as I used VCM tools to override the Force Motor Current. I put the setting around 300mA and the 3-2 downshift was perfect. I've got the Corvette servo accompanied with the Sonnax 4th. Again, all other up and downshifts are great....it's just this weird commanded loss in pressure that has me stumped in the 3-2. I attached my tune as well if anyone would like to educate me if I've botched my settings in some way.
    Thank you very much for any help.

3-2downshiftPressMod.jpg

3-2FlareLog.hpl

VCMSuiteInfo.txt

ALIVE2003Burb15003-2shiftIssue-MAXPress-96and100setto0FMC.hpt
    Last edited by Brando1118Burb; 06-02-2021 at 01:43 PM.