Thread: 03 5.9 non readable "stock file" how to determine if it was altered

Potential Tuner

03 5.9 non readable "stock file" how to determine if it was altered

Hello all... I'm a new member here,..

I have a assumed stock 03 5.9 ram 3500
    If these ecm's are so called non readable, how does one try to evaluate a base line to judge or compare to with other so called stock files. Are there way's to scan and log existing files in truck to help determine a starting point , because it seems to me once you overwrite this base file you will never know what it used to be for comparison sake. If I'm thinking too deep please help.

CJ

You learn something new everyday or your not living....

Banned
    HP Tuners will generate a stock file when you do a ?read?. Not sure what one would expect to gain from comparing a stock 03 file to a stock 03 file. ???

Potential Tuner
    I agree that it wouldn't do much in comparing stock files, thou that wasn't the question.
    I was trying to ascertain "IF" i had a stock file , but if there is no way to tell then, are there other ways to tell what I may have compared to stock ??

Banned
    Without having an HP Tuners tune flashed in that has extended data stream patch applied, you?ll be pretty limited as to what you can data log to compare against a stock file to determine if it does indeed have a tune written to the ECM. Pretty left with leave it as is or just get a tune written to the ECM.

i wouldn't spend any time trying to know if it was tuned, chances are if it was it was a box tuner with some crappy tune anyway, get a read and get tuning once you get a tune dialled in you'll quickly see how shitty box tunes (if it was tuned) are. one good thing is 03-04 ecm's are fast flash time and if you're green to tuning take the HP academy course they don't tune this one but it all applies.
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Jim P and guy-ffc for trying to assist, yes I was reaching out there hoping for something I kind of knew wasn't available but guess what....... doesn't hurt to ask right?

On the progress side....
    I have gone thru the Read process, saved files and the Write process with scanning OS patch, so far so good, thou I find it quite frustrating that I have to now disconnect and reconnect too many times just to get the new parameters to stick in the scanning program, but at least they did so I could save them and start the process of logging and tracking the progress along the way.

Again thank you all for assistance as I will be relying on this along the way so my brain doesn't explode
    CJ Ram

If You don't learn something everyday ... You aren't living........

once you get vcm scanner setup and saved you'll look back think how easy it was, when in the parameter selector click the gear icon with the green checkmark "only show parameters backed bt channels" this will save some headache
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com