Thread: 2010 C6 with Edlebrock S/C 3.25 Pulley, Headers, Full Exhaust

Tuner in Training

2010 C6 with Edlebrock S/C 3.25 Pulley, Headers, Full Exhaust

Hello,

I have been tuning Mopars for sometime now and had a customer come into the shop for some work on his 2010 C6. We changed to a 3.25 Top pulley and tuned him on the Dyno, We made 551HP/588TQ with the current set up. The only complaint from the client is that it has a small amount of lag at road speeds when you floor it. It's not horrible, last just a split second and then down shifts and goes like a scalded dog!, I have looked everywhere trying to find a setting that would allow for a faster downshift when hitting WOT on cruise, but I am not completely familiar with all the intricacies of LS tuning.

Would someone please take a look at this tune and see what I am missing?

Thanks,
    Creton
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Under the Airflow tab, the Estimated Max MAP is still only 105 kPa. That should probably be 190 kPa. There isn't much ignition advance in the High Octane table but that may be prudent given the stock engine's compression ratio. The VVE table looks whacked at over 105 kPa and 3400 RPM. I can't help you with an auto transmission. A log of the lag would help.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the advice. I'll post a log when it comes back to the shop.

Advanced Tuner
    There is some room to reduce shift times in the higher end (Shift Timing/Torque Adder charts). Also keep an eye on tcc slip. You may want to kick out the tcc sooner (less throttle) with the blower because it is now making far more torque at a given pedal %. I bet if you took it on the highway and crowded the throttle a bit in and out, you would cringe at what the tcc does. You might want to keep tcc from applying at all in the lower gears, it is operational in 3rd as it stands. TCC regulator offset may have to be bumped up a bit to keep it from slipping. It works as a pressure floor/minimum limit when the tcc is applied.

You may want to lower the Low Octane timing numbers, it does not give much room to retard the timing if any knock is detected, only a couple of degrees tops.

I second pannetron on the VVE, it is not right. There are some good tuners on here that can do remote tuning, might be worth subletting it out to one of them and get all of this really dialed in.