Thread: Data Export From AIM Solo2 DL - Data too fast?

Potential Tuner

Data Export From AIM Solo2 DL - Data too fast?

I'm trying to overlay data from my AIM Solo 2 DL with video from my GoPro. I've aligned the start of the data with the appropriate point of the video but by the end of the first lap the data seems to be way ahead of the video. I used a stop watch to time the lap on the GoPro video and it matched up to what AIM says the lap time was/is, yet Racerender is showing the lap ending about 3 seconds early based on where I am on track in the video (the lap time number being shown in the racerender video is correct for that lap, just seems to get there too early). Is there a way to slow down the data to better align with reality?

Also, it seems the settings are a bit out of date on the Racerender "How To" instructions. Should I be using Distance, Time, or Distance/Time? What frequency should I use? It seems to default to 50 Hz.

Advanced Tuner
    Any chance you can provide a Google Drive/Dropbox link for your data and video?

Racerender will align the time (either from GPS or start of the session) as the marker for the row of data, so I would think that would be pretty accurate. It will also interpolate data so that if a frame falls between two rows, it will pick the value between the values in those rows (appropriate for the time when the frame occurs).

Perhaps the data for the lap is simply starting 3 seconds early (i.e. the start/finish line need to be adjusted or the "Lap 0"/Out lap timing needs to be adjusted)?

If you find that every lap is 3 seconds too fast, then there is a "Play Speed" option on the Configure Input File screen on the top right. You could change that to something like 0.985 or something to slow the data down, but I would guess that you just need to line up the start of the lap with when the data thinks the lap starts.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Any chance you can provide a Google Drive/Dropbox link for your data and video?

Racerender will align the time (either from GPS or start of the session) as the marker for the row of data, so I would think that would be pretty accurate. It will also interpolate data so that if a frame falls between two rows, it will pick the value between the values in those rows (appropriate for the time when the frame occurs).

Perhaps the data for the lap is simply starting 3 seconds early (i.e. the start/finish line need to be adjusted or the "Lap 0"/Out lap timing needs to be adjusted)?

If you find that every lap is 3 seconds too fast, then there is a "Play Speed" option on the Configure Input File screen on the top right. You could change that to something like 0.985 or something to slow the data down, but I would guess that you just need to line up the start of the lap with when the data thinks the lap starts.
    Thanks for your response. I'm wondering if there's something off with the data file. I just tried the same process with a new session and it seems fine, no lag or anything.