Thread: Fuel Problems 2015 Chevy Silverado

Tuner in Training

Fuel Problems 2015 Chevy Silverado

2015 Chevy Silverado 150k, Gwatney DOD Delete kit. Won't start. Died on the road while scanning with HP Tuners. No codes.
    Truck will fire but not start. Replaced Secondary Fuel Pump as Scanner show it never turned on. Tested 80lbs static after replacement. Secondary, in tank pump frame was in 4 pieces. Still no start. Replaced Primary Fuel Pump as it's quite loud since DOD kit, still no start. Scan says everything is working but Secondary never comes on except for Prime. I'm leaning toward the Fuel Pump Controller or the Fuel Pressure sensor associated with it. I've tried running all the diagnostics I can find, but I'm out of ideas. Here is the latest scan from today. The Engine does fire and it will try to run when you spray a little gas or carb cleaner.
    Any information is very appreciated.Fuel 5.hpl

There is a P16A1 code present in that log, might be something to look into. Google says it's a throttle code or a PCM code?

Did you install a non VVT/non AFM camshaft? If so did you set the camshaft selection from one to none and disable all the AFM and VVT codes?

There are codes P0011 for the camshaft and a P0107 for the MAP/Baro sensor.

I'm not sure how many of those are for real.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yup. Gwatney Stage 1 cam and I did all the AFM and VVT mods already. It's been running like a champ for 5 months. Those codes are not real anymore. Thank you for the info though. This happened while I had a full tank of 87 octane and Lucas Injector cleaner. We are leaning towards problems with the fuel injectors. Sounds weird but I think I fouled several of them. Going to replace them next week.

Potential Tuner
    I had the same problem with my ‘14 Chevy Silverado 6.2L, totally stock. It started not wanting to start, the totally stopped starting. Towed to dealership, they said the negative cable caused the pumps to go bad, and the start also. The cable looked fine from the top to me. But these things can get complicated with just the smallest thing. Best of luck.