Thread: CM2100 Manual Truck Won't hold MM3 past 2900 RPM

CM2100 Manual Truck Won't hold MM3 past 2900 RPM

Hey everyone I am working on an 08 manual truck. I just built the engine to support 4400 rpm but can not get the tune to hold 150mm3 past 2900 rpm. At that point, it starts pulling fuel. I haven't had this issue with the 06-07 5.9 or earlier 5.9s. I have read in the past that you need a Cax file. I asked EFI Live if they could fix this issue in the past but they said there is not high enough demand. Does anyone have a solution to my problem? Also tried to get a read off of the truck with HP tuner, so I could build a single tuneable to hit 4400K. The ECM is locked. It currently has my EFI Live tunes on it. Any way around this, or how I can get a stock HP tune for this truck? Thank you

Banned
    Email support with the vin number and OS needed, I?m sure they could give you a stock file to use for the truck.

Thank you Jim. I always forget that with HP tuner you can't just change the VIN in the editing software. Use to using EFI Live for so long.

Banned
    I hate the restrictions in HP Tuners

That makes two of us. Jim, I just dynoed a 2005 auto truck with HP tuner already on it. It has a four-position switch plugged into the baro sensor to change between baro maps. I have been looking online trying to find who makes it. Would you happen to have any idea? Seems like a simple way to have a switch on the fly tuning.

Banned
    Yea that would be Craptimal Welding. It?s simple enough to do if you know what to do.

I figured to have a rotary switch. Just need to figure out the different resistance values to change the baro. Don't know why I never thought of that before. On a different subject. Do you know what EFI live left out on the CM2100 for fueling limiter? Have you ever used HP tuner to hit 5k on an early 6.7?

Banned
    Don?t need to know the resistance of the switch positions.

Yea I?ve helped someone with it before, the speed limiter that is on EFILive.