Thread: Need help. I don't know why I'm getting torque mgt adv and limiting my throttle

Need help. I don't know why I'm getting torque mgt adv and limiting my throttle

Hi,

I currently tuning a camaro with that's standard with HCI, FBO, stage 4 cam, MSD intake, and e85. For some reason when I take off in 1st gear I get torque mgt advance and the throttle will not open all the way. The car leaves sluggish and then in a surge, the throttle will open up really fast. It's almost like if vtec were kicking on.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    You need to be logging predicted engine tq source and immediate engine tq source to see whats telling the pcm to pull timing.

Ryan
    Last edited by FastV; 06-11-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Potential Tuner
    This was an issue we had when I got rid of the DOD/AFM. the TCM was pulling timing. The tuner did a few things to get around some of the issues but we eventually had to get an Unlocked T87A TCM. this took care of the issue with timing being pulled.

I am no expert but the Bryan who tuned it is one of the best in the area.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DanG376 View Post
    This was an issue we had when I got rid of the DOD/AFM. the TCM was pulling timing. The tuner did a few things to get around some of the issues but we eventually had to get an Unlocked T87A TCM. this took care of the issue with timing being pulled.

I am no expert but the Bryan who tuned it is one of the best in the area.
    He doesn't have a Tcm his is manual a transmission.

Ryan