Thread: F53 6.8l Transmission tuning

Tuner

F53 6.8l Transmission tuning

Anyone interested in helping me learn a bit about the 6r140 transmission tuning on my 2019 Holiday Rambler F53 Chassis? I looked for info but didn't find much..

Kind Regards,
    Ryan
    Last edited by FastV; 06-06-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Tuner
    41 Views and know one cares to share some basic pressure and shift point settings for me....... ANYONE?

Advanced Tuner
    6R80 is basically the same thing so do a search on that on this and the "Ford Tuning - Engine, Gas (Non Ecoboost, US)" section and it should get you some info. What are your goals?
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. I'd like to have it shift a bit later in the rpms for each gear, not just Wot, but part throttle as well, kinda like holding the gears a bit longer. We do this by upping the shift mph in GM stuff not sure how its done on Fords. It seem to shifts to soon and to many times before getting to speed for my liking. I would like to firm up the shifts a bit as well as how fast. The last thing is up the speed limiter.

Regards,
    Ryan

Post the tune file

Tuner
    Thanks for taking a look guys..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FastV View Post
    Thanks for taking a look guys..
    Here is a nice Excel workbook I whipped up real quick for the 6R140 since you were good enough to post the tune for it. This is for the part throttle shifts. Use it if you would like and at your own risk. I may have messed something up so check all values yourself including the ones you change by using the compare files feature in the Editor.

The first sheet (there are 2 tabs at the bottom for each sheet, top table = input, bottom = output) you can input your desired RPM and get the calculated OSS values to copy into the tune if you would like. I even included instructions on how to mod the cells easily within Excel (assuming you have it). The formulas themselves are simple math. For example: Using your tune as a reference... 1>2 full pedal, 980 OSS = 980 / 3.97 = 3891 RPM. The second sheet is fairly obvious as it's just the reverse of the first but helpful to see what the tune is calling for.

To modify part throttle shifts you can go into Trans>Shift Scheduling Tab>Shift Map Section. Under 'Base', 'Tow/Haul', etc. is where you want to plug in your modified OSS values. You can use your own method to figure these out or use the sheet.

6R140 Shift Sheet-6.8L.xlsx
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.

it doesn't look like it even uses oss looks like its all rpm in the file the quick look i did

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    Here is a nice Excel workbook I whipped up real quick for the 6R140 since you were good enough to post the tune for it. This is for the part throttle shifts. Use it if you would like and at your own risk. I may have messed something up so check all values yourself including the ones you change by using the compare files feature in the Editor.

The first sheet (there are 2 tabs at the bottom for each sheet, top table = input, bottom = output) you can input your desired RPM and get the calculated OSS values to copy into the tune if you would like. I even included instructions on how to mod the cells easily within Excel (assuming you have it). The formulas themselves are simple math. For example: Using your tune as a reference... 1>2 full pedal, 980 OSS = 980 / 3.97 = 3891 RPM. The second sheet is fairly obvious as it's just the reverse of the first but helpful to see what the tune is calling for.

To modify part throttle shifts you can go into Trans>Shift Scheduling Tab>Shift Map Section. Under 'Base', 'Tow/Haul', etc. is where you want to plug in your modified OSS values. You can use your own method to figure these out or use the sheet.

6R140 Shift Sheet-6.8L.xlsx

Fantastic!!!! Thank you sir!!!

Kind Regards,
    Ryan

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMS View Post
    it doesn't look like it even uses oss looks like its all rpm in the file the quick look i did
    Everything 2015+ uses OSS for part throttle from what I've seen. This is from his tune file below. Not sure what you're looking at... maybe too 'quick' lol.

OSS.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by FastV View Post
    Fantastic!!!! Thank you sir!!!

Kind Regards,
    Ryan
    No problem bro. I hope it helps you out.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbolt22 View Post
    Everything 2015+ uses OSS for part throttle from what I've seen. This is from his tune file below. Not sure what you're looking at... maybe too 'quick' lol.

OSS.PNG

No problem bro. I hope it helps you out.
    apparently, i swear the first time i opened it all the gears were normal rpm values and i just looked again and nope lol
    i dont get much sleep lol

Advanced Tuner
    Haha! Sleep is important bro, you should change that!