Thread: Prolink, Expander Hub, More Than Two Analog Sensors

Potential Tuner

Prolink, Expander Hub, More Than Two Analog Sensors

I am using prolinks two available inputs, but would like to add some additional analog sensors (0v to 5v) to the canbus? I am thinking about 5 to 6 additional analog sensors. Is there anything available to do this? Seems like the expander hub would, but I don't think it's available and may never be. Anyone using something different to get additional analog sensors on the canbus. Are people using Arduino for this? Can you daisy chain the prolink? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Mech_Eng; 06-07-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Bump

Senior Tuner
    Custom is the only way I can think of. The output of your Adruino would have to mimic one of the supported external sensors in the scanner as you cannot add a custom external sensor of your own. AEM have their can data available in the user manual so you know what the structure needs to be like. Not sure how many modules you can put on the bus. I have some lingering suspicion that it's 8. Most of those will be taken by the car.
    Other companies like PCMTEC allow you to add a DLP 8 https://www.dlpdesign.com/usb/io8.shtml priced @ $29.95 each to their data logger. HP could implement this. But I'm willing to bet they can't be fucked.