Thread: 2011 Ram 5.7 Hemi Throttle Response

Tuner in Training

2011 Ram 5.7 Hemi Throttle Response

I have a 2011 5.7 hemi MDS deleted and VVT locked out with a cam in it. I am just trying to get everything dialed in. I am having problems with the electronic throttle. I am having problems with the throttle hanging and not reacting as fast a i would like. For instance in P/N just a quick rev of the throttle it will go to 4,500 rpm and then just hang there for a second then slowly come back down. Is there a setting in there to let the throttle close just as quick as i can get it to open?

deactivate throttle adaption
    hptuners didnt have throttle response for ram in their software
    deactivate vvt in a pickup isnt thebest idea.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by f.creek-ranch View Post
    deactivate throttle adaption
    hptuners didnt have throttle response for ram in their software
    deactivate vvt in a pickup isnt thebest idea.
    Is there another term other than throttle adaption for a 2006 ram

Quote Originally Posted by ebddrake View Post
    Is there another term other than throttle adaption for a 2006 ram
    add about 20% more air from .3 and below in your Throttle Body Model. If yo have 0.00 at 0 add air there too just interpolate down. Then make sure the small and and Large Range match up to your Throttle Body Model numbers. Then under torque management bump your power % request numbers. Assuming the NGC3 has a similar setup to the GPEC2. I'm not too familiar with the older PCMs.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by McCloud View Post
    add about 20% more air from .3 and below in your Throttle Body Model. If yo have 0.00 at 0 add air there too just interpolate down. Then make sure the small and and Large Range match up to your Throttle Body Model numbers. Then under torque management bump your power % request numbers. Assuming the NGC3 has a similar setup to the GPEC2. I'm not too familiar with the older PCMs.
    And this should stop the throttle from hang at high rpm rev