Thread: 3.5 bar MAP sensor on a ZR1 to report over 255kpa

Tuner in Training

3.5 bar MAP sensor on a ZR1 to report over 255kpa

I know of two people who are successfully doing this. The issue is they aren't tuners and cannot tell me what the tune settings are for the new MAP. They said their tuners input the sensor's information and the only place I can see to change this is the characteristics Engine>Airflow>General
    321.JPG

Here is the parts list:
    AEM 50psi/3.5 bar pressure sensor

Casper's harness to convert LS3 to AEM sensor

MAP sensor adapter

Here are the stock settings for an E67:
    stock MAP.JPG

Here are the settings I generated using the DSX transfer function generator:
    852.JPG

The chart used for the numbers is in the first link to the AEM pressure sensor but here it is again:
    aem2.JPG

Are my numbers correct?
    Last edited by blake-b; 06-07-2021 at 03:40 PM.

Senior Tuner
    not sure on the 3.5 bar but i have worked out and used it so the LSA 3bar will show up to 255kpa (actual 30psi) and also keep baro about the 99kpa so very close, then use custom boost to see actual, problem is keeping the baro close to actual and also the decel will loose some as it wont go down as low, but majority of the usable range will be good so u can use only VVE for all fueling

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    not sure on the 3.5 bar but i have worked out and used it so the LSA 3bar will show up to 255kpa (actual 30psi) and also keep baro about the 99kpa so very close, then use custom boost to see actual, problem is keeping the baro close to actual and also the decel will loose some as it wont go down as low, but majority of the usable range will be good so u can use only VVE for all fueling
    Thank you for the reply. Upon further looking into this, I did speak with one of the tuners. I was told the sensor still will not allow the reading of higher than 255kPa but does seem to live longer vs. the stock LS9 MAP. Now, I am wondering (assuming) using the AEM as an analog input would display the higher boost. I think it should if the equation was correct. I have everything to do that and will try it. I do not see myself making more than 22# so at least I will see if the LS9 and the AEM are reporting the same.

Thank you

Senior Tuner
    yea thats what i do is scale it so the larger 3 bar will show as a 2.5bar as it stays in the 255 limit so u get ve/vve fueling control, then all u have to do is make up a maths boost pid for the difference so u can then see actual boost

Tuner in Training
    I am going to run a secondary MAP as an analog and see how that works.