Thread: Swapped Lsa not getting t/b airflow commands

Advanced Tuner

Swapped Lsa not getting t/b airflow commands

Hello, I'm troubleshooting a vehicle that has a swapped Lsa with manual trans. Vehicle has medium sized cam in it, and when trying to command higher idle and more base running airflow, it doesn't seem to apply. I've tuned several large cam cars, and trying to decipher if it is a hardware mismatch. E38 ecm, camaro throttle pedal, camaro throttle body. I have never ran into this issue before, so I'm thinking there might be some hardware mismatch. Unless theres something from being a swapped setup I'm missing that is not letting the airflow changes occur.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    I don't know much about hardware. You can try adjusting the setting below. Add like 2% and see if it unclamps your airflow.

1.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    Alright, Thank you, I'll give that a try and let you know. Never had an issue before ever, that's why I was questioning the hardware.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    I don't know much about hardware. You can try adjusting the setting below. Add like 2% and see if it unclamps your airflow.

1.PNG
    Tried raising that table up. No effect. Throttle position stays at 16% no matter how much I raise base idle airflow, kinda weird.

Senior Tuner
    With key on engine off, does the throttle move inline with your pedal?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes it does. For the most part it seems to work. I've done a sweep and it seems to follow. But like I mentioned, it doesn't seem to receive base airflow changes.

Senior Tuner
    Could you throw up a log of the throttle sweep and it cranking and (hopefully) running? Might trigger some ideas

Advanced Tuner
    Here are some logs with a startup, throttle sweep engine off, and a running tip in throttle to 20%. On the running tip in log, I noticed during tip in, the throttle plate actually started to close for a second....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Throttle is following the pedal nicely in the KOEO sweep.

ETC area scalar could help. Change to 5060
    A quick temporary change to throttle follower table, make all columns up to 800rpm 100Nm and the 1000rpm column 80Nm.

That's the last out of my bag.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok, thanks for the input. It's really odd, never had this issue with any other vehicles. Thanks again!