Thread: Fuel tuning without VE table

Potential Tuner

Fuel tuning without VE table

Hey guys,
    I'm a total noob with HP tuners and I needed some help (I was actually told by HP tuners to post here).

Vehicle is a 2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum
    Mods:
    TRD Supercharger
    Custom dual 2.5" Exhaust

1) How to properly tune fuel maps without a VE table. I am aware of the single row PE EQ ratio map (VERY generic). Could someone help explain more with the "Temperature Control" tab for Engine-Fuel

2) How to firm up and quicken the shift for 1-2. I have got the shift scheduling just about perfect, but there is just too much time during WOT that it takes for the shift to complete, takes about 0.8 seconds for it to complete, and during that time the power is reduced. I have played with the TQ Management and have gone up to 70% reduction in the map for the 1-2 shift and unfortunately it does not make any difference.

3) How to make the vehicle do a power launch without the ECM cutting timing when you release the brakes, Basically I noticed in my logs that the timing goes from 18-19* when stationary and at 1700rpm to about 4* and then ramps up to proper timing. So it "feels" slightly sluggish for a split second like a delay then it goes like a bat outta hell.

4) Any tuning tips for Cam angle tables to optimize for power? I thought less overlap for FI was a positive and improves power.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
    Definitely a lot of very useful info in this forums.
    Last edited by toylexus; 06-08-2021 at 09:54 AM.
    2010 Toyota Sequoia Platinum - Couple of mods
    2010 Toyota Prius - opposite of above vehicle

Potential Tuner
    No one?

Hi,

1) we tune the MAF instead of VE here, you can use the airflow vs voltage or MAF correction base which is alternative to VE. the temperature control is for cat protection we disable it as its mostly useless on stock config whenever you floor it, it would enable and run really rich, some instead raise the temperature I just don't bother.

2) you can increase line pressure if your operating system support it, and you could also raise the optimum torque trans, in general the Toyota transmission is slow, you can modify the valvebody install shift kit but it will still take about 1 second to shift.

3) you can max out the throttle limit and optimum torque but you shouldn't raise the timing at low rpm high load, you can try adding or removing timing to find the right spot but its not in the timing most of the time.

4) you can use TRD cam timing it works a lot better than the stock.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the reply.
    Just to be clear you do not use the Power Enrich EQ Ratio at all to tune fuel.
    Sucks that the trans cannot be made to make those nice instant shifts as in other makes and models like the IS-F
    I am already using the TRD cam maps, just wanted to see if anyone played with those maps to see what is optimized power with different combos, would save me a tremendous amount of time and money renting a dyno.

we set the PE first lets say 1.333 and then we tune the maf to be within 2% 10.78-11.22.

with the cam timing i didnt spend too much time trying to see if there is a better map than trd as the car was not consistent on the dyno.

the trans can be tuned to be much better than stock and it would last longer but its not gonna be as fast as other transmission.