For any of you ZF8 gurus... I use the ZF8HP70 in a JK Wrangler with a Hemi. I've done multiples of these and have it working with NGC4A ECU thinking it is a Challenger I have a few quirks that I would like some help sorting out.

1) There is a safety to keep you from shifting while the Output Speed Shaft is turning. It appears to be about 200 RPM from my testing. When in high range, this is fine. When in low range (2.7:1 ratio), it is easy to get into a situation where I don't care about hurting the transmission, I want it to change direction right now to prevent a rollover or something else bad from happening. Has anyone found a way to change this 200 RPM OSS limit?

2) This may be a motor tune question, not trans, but I'm starting here. I have only seen this in low range, however it may be the conditions haven't been met in other circumstances. When going downhill, most of the time the trans/motor hold the speed properly with throttle pedal at idle. On occasion, the motor will decide to accelerate into the 2000-3500 RPM range. When it does this, a heavy application of brakes will slow it down and then it will go back to its normal hold RPM or slightly decelerate. Or tapping shifter into neutral and back into D will bring it back. I have absolutely no idea where to start looking for this. Of course I haven't been able to duplicate it consistently to even start scanning it.

Any and all input is greatly appreciated!