Thread: Basic E78 '12 Silverado Torque Management/ Trans tuning for stock truck.

Tuner in Training

Basic E78 '12 Silverado Torque Management/ Trans tuning for stock truck.

Hey folks, I did some searching, and I'll be the first to admit this newer truck is above my pay grade. Total stock 8 lug truck, general driving and towing. Customer is looking for some quicker shifts, complains of some shift flareups and slower shifting. I made some small shift scheduling changes to match closer to the tow/ haul settings. I planned to do some basic torque management reduction, and some shorter shift times and a little pressure increase, but that is obviously a very different animal with this E78 ECM I see. Any help on what areas to make some changes in? Not looking for huge changes, just trying to help him firm it up for daily driving. File should be attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

No need to touch the torque mngt, that is fine.

The shift timing upshift torque adder tables are your shift times. You can lower the shift time in the part throttle area's ( lower ft lb torque).

The Adaptive on-coming pressure presets for gears 1-4 I would add like 10-15% to the 0 and 1 cells. You will have to reset the adapts in for the transmission with the VCM scanner when you do pressure changes. Flash the tune, open the scanner and in the special functions you can click reset then preset and start the truck. It'll relearn for a little bit.

Personally I also disable the torque converter for the lower gears too. Those trucks are known for converter failures. In the apply/release tables just set the speeds like they have it for 1st gear. Make gears 2 and 3 the same values.

Should should also enable PE for that customer or atleast make it not so lazy. It'll probably feel like it picked up some power just doing that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Awesome, exactly the kind of information I was looking for. I am pretty well versed with the earlier A4 stuff, and have dealt with some of the newer stuff occasionally, but this is a very different one to me. I looked into and mostly understand what you responded with, but do have a couple of questions:

As far as the converter stuff, I should make those changes in the "normal, pattern A, and pattern B" areas I assume, but what about the full throttle areas? In those boxes I see a first apply of 318, and then 6 in the 2,3,&4 apply areas which doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't apply the converter fully at WOT above 6 mph in those gears does it???

Last, as far as the PE, I'm not sure where or what exactly to enable there. I went into that section and like most of this system, it confuses me.

Just the normal section for the torque converter. You can set the full throttle to the same as gear one too, just to make sure it won't lock the converter is gears 1-3.

The PE stuff should be easy. Lower the delay settings for the RPM down to something like 1,500rpm and set the delay timing to 0 seconds. Then lower the pedal enable from 89% down to 65%. When you go out for a scan just watch the commanded fueling once you pass 65% throttle, it should drop down to whatever values are being commanded in the EQ ratio table. So somewhere in the 12's to high 11's with the settings it currently has.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.