Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to Tuning 2010 Challenger M6 Kenne Bell SC

Tuner in Training

New to Tuning 2010 Challenger M6 Kenne Bell SC

Hello, I have a 2010 Challenger M6 with a 2.8 KB SC. The car is mostly stock with the exception of cat removal and rear resonator delete.

The car is running a tune supplied by Kenne Bell. The direct problem I have is right at boost. The car bogs and then the boost jumps up 2-3 lbs. According to my logging, the timing goes to nearly nothing at this time. WOT timing appears to be around 15 near redline-does that seem normal or low?

Like I said, I'm just getting started and am very hesitant to make any changes without lots of research.

Anybody care to take a look at my tune? Any suggestions are welcome.

2010 Dodge Challenger Kenne Bell Tune.hpt

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    please post a datalog of the issue

do you have a wideband on the car
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Yes, the car runs 14.9ish most of the time and near 12 WOT

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kennygene View Post
    Hello, I have a 2010 Challenger M6 with a 2.8 KB SC. The car is mostly stock with the exception of cat removal and rear resonator delete.

The car is running a tune supplied by Kenne Bell. The direct problem I have is right at boost. The car bogs and then the boost jumps up 2-3 lbs. According to my logging, the timing goes to nearly nothing at this time. WOT timing appears to be around 15 near redline-does that seem normal or low?

Like I said, I'm just getting started and am very hesitant to make any changes without lots of research.

Anybody care to take a look at my tune? Any suggestions are welcome.

2010 Dodge Challenger Kenne Bell Tune.hpt
    I'm talking about spark when I say timing-sorry.

Advanced Tuner
    15* seems pretty high on pump gas and 8psi. As Sultan suggested, post a data log

Tuner in Training
    I think I attached these correctly. One is part throttle and the other is WOT.

6-8-21 out of town.hpl

6-8-21 68 deg interstate log.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Also,

Take a look at my spark files. It appears to me the Thermal spark chart could be mixed up with the Part Throttle Base spark chart.

your getting into boost and still in closed loop with 4 psi

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    your getting into boost and still in closed loop with 4 psi
    Correct, I can see it doing that up to 2 lbs on my gauge but I don't understand how to see boost on the data file. The fuel in grams is difficult to learn.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you SultanHassanMasTuning! I'm not sure I totally understand but does this sound correct?

Since I am about 1000 ft above sea level, I can base my atmospheric pressure at 14.2. Am I correct in assuming anything over 14.2 would be consider boost on manifold absolute pressure? For example 19.9 psi manifold absolute pressure=5.7 lbs boost?

Advanced Tuner
    Thank you SultanHassanMasTuning! I'm not sure I totally understand but does this sound correct?

Since I am about 1000 ft above sea level, I can base my atmospheric pressure at 14.2. Am I correct in assuming anything over 14.2 would be consider boost on manifold absolute pressure? For example 19.9 psi manifold absolute pressure=5.7 lbs boost?
    yes

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    yes
    Thank you

Tuner in Training
    I have a new data log from yesterday. I can see issues, just not comfortable enough to change anything yet. Can anybody point me in a starting direction?

6-9-21 cruising.hpl

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    Thank you sir. I reviewed your changes before loading them and to my surprise, I understood what you did and why.

It really helped the mid range and gave me a solid foundation for tuning. I am pretty well hooked at this point. Thank you again!

I'm sure I'll have more questions. Between Youtube and this forum, its certainly possible for dummies like me to tune.

Sultan is a genius !

Quote Originally Posted by wadejesu View Post
    Sultan is a genius !
    X1000000 really wish we had a LIKE button on this forum
    04 GTX........ 8.91@151mph 392Ci G3Hemi NA 3600lbs 2.6HP/CI Naturally Aspirated
    05 GTxtreme 9:45@142mph 426Ci G3Hemi NA 4000lbs
    G3 Hemi Videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClS...5mXdDR5sOxs10Q

Tuner in Training
    I've attached a log of the revision Sultan provided. I am working on making my own changes but would invite input. The car is better but still has a long way to go with my lack of skills. I am confused by sort term fuel trims and correcting them.
    Also, I don't understand how to control closed loop vs open loop? Is open loop only based on WOT?

6-11-21 interstate.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    I've attached a log of the revision Sultan provided. I am working on making my own changes but would invite input. The car is better but still has a long way to go with my lack of skills. I am confused by sort term fuel trims and correcting them.
    Also, I don't understand how to control closed loop vs open loop? Is open loop only based on WOT?

6-11-21 interstate.hpl
    There isnt really a way to control STFT so to speak. Thats a correction made as you make driving changes. You can dial in the injectors and or VE to get them closer in line but you cant really have them at 0 all the time.

Open loop will be at start up and when you go WOT, other than that the vehicle should operate in closed loop, the only real control for that is changing what throttle voltage the PCM dictates PE

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by white1 View Post
    There isnt really a way to control STFT so to speak. Thats a correction made as you make driving changes. You can dial in the injectors and or VE to get them closer in line but you cant really have them at 0 all the time.

Open loop will be at start up and when you go WOT, other than that the vehicle should operate in closed loop, the only real control for that is changing what throttle voltage the PCM dictates PE
    Thank you for helping.

The WOT voltage is certainly much lower on my car. Kenne Bell had it lowered to a litle over 2 and Sultan dropped it to below 2 volts. If I am understanding correctly, the car will use the VE tables after WOT voltage is received. Does the engine in every aspect believe it is at WOT after the desired voltage is achieved? Does it believe the throttle pedal to be on the floor whether it is or not?

Sorry for sounding tuning dumb but I am. This is a lot to wrap my head around.