Thread: P101 constantly - Gen4 l98 in patrol

Potential Tuner

P101 constantly - Gen4 l98 in patrol

Hey guys,

I keep having an issue where my MAF errors out. It pulls a P101 - A ciruit range/performance issue.

I have tried:

Replaced the MAF with a new one
    Relocating the wires, they went passed the alternator
    I checked the signal wire itself which had 5 ohms on it, so i by passed it with a fresh wire
    I have adjusted the calibration of the MAF in both the high and low, but went back to stock as it made no difference
    adjusted the delta max air to 1.5x stock
    adjusted the airflow max vs rpm 1.5x stock
    ran it with out the airfilter, as its running the a patrol snorkel which does not breathe well

ive been logging the frequency, the maf state and airflow to confirm when its happening

Any suggestions ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    In the Engine Diag tab have you tried changing the min ECT to 257F ?

Potential Tuner
    the max on this one is set to 125c which is 257f if im not mistaken. If i set the min to to 257f it will disable those errors altogether wont it ?

Tuner in Training
    That's the plan, it's how mine is set up.

Potential Tuner
    I will try that, the reason we are trying to fix the error is to have it running right before we pop a turbo on it. Its only a little turbo but still dont want uncle rodney departing the building. I also read else where that sometimes its the throttle body that causes the error. AKA its open further than it says it is and that throws the error because now the measured amount of air doesnt add up. I will try swapping the TB and see what happens

Thanks for the response though