Thread: 2004 F150 5.4 3V Roush supercharger

Potential Tuner

2004 F150 5.4 3V Roush supercharger

Hi Guys,

I have a 2004 F150 5.4 3v, I recently purchased a used roush non intercooled blower kit for it, minus the ECU with the Roush tune. From what I have read online, the roush tune is not worth purchasing, it is very conservative and makes the boost come on very late (3,000 rpm)

I don't want to blow my motor, I will keep the factory 6psi pulley, and possibly add water/meth to keep the temps down... Is there someone who can write new tables for the blower? The roush kit uses the stock fuel pump, injectors and MAF, and reroutes 2 wires from the MAF to an air charge temp sensor in the intake, and uses the wires from the charge motion control valve to control the boost control solenoid. My understanding is the tables for the charge motion control are easily adjusted and therefore could activate the boost bypass solenoid with a lower rpm/load setting, allowing boost to build lower in the powerband (1500-1800rpm ideally). My understanding is Roush also changed the duty cycle for the fuel pump driver to increase fuel flow to the injectors. This difference makes me think I cant simply use the Harley or lightning F150 tables.

Has anyone done this before? Or has a tune that's ready to load?

Thanks for taking the time to read!

Edit: I know a dyno tune would be best to get the most out of the truck, but there isn't one near me, nor a tuner I'm aware of. I like the idea of an "email tune" as long as its safe. Not looking to make a drag truck, just a fun daily driver. I'm not opposed to 8psi

Cheers
    Last edited by RCKSTR; 06-09-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    What tables in harleys and lightnings are you referring to?

Dyno tune is useless for that setup. Your not getting 8 psi on stock fuel system with no intercooler. Conservative is the only option with what you have.

If you want to get an xcal and go the remote tune route give me a shout $450.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by decipha View Post
    What tables in harleys and lightnings are you referring to?

Dyno tune is useless for that setup. Your not getting 8 psi on stock fuel system with no intercooler. Conservative is the only option with what you have.

If you want to get an xcal and go the remote tune route give me a shout $450.

I had a "tuner" tell me he can write the harley f150 fuel and timing tables into my ECU, but I really dont think that will work. 2V vs 3V wiring is much different, as well as the fuel injectors are different etc. Xcal is sct tuner? I'm new to all this.

Advanced Tuner
    hes an idiot

yeah xcal is sct

Potential Tuner
    100%

I'll pick up a tuner and be in touch. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    What are you guys using for knock retard logging in the scanner. I've been digging for awhile and haven't found how to data log knock retard on the 04 5.4 ford f150. The base table is using RPM and Load, but I've not been able to build anything that works yet.

Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    just log knock sensor spark contribution

If its not in hp youll have to put a ticket in to get it added