Thread: Tune issue

Tuner in Training

Tune issue

I'm having a surge bucking issue in the light throttle cruise zone that I cant figure out , its almost like it has something to do with a parameter I cant access , hoping some of you pros will take a look and tell me what you think , also from time to time it will keep going eaven when I let off the throttle , if I put it in neutral it will drop back to idle . Thanks in advance!

black stallion Pimp $hit 10main 19rp factory part throttle govenor.hpt

turn off main pulse limiter
    base fueling lower the 100% row in the lower rpms
    high speed governors max them out
    turn off part throttle gov
    max out air density gov max
    raise your EOI cut
    al speed gov back to stock and start there
    boost limit a max it out
    turn off brake master torque limit
    pre/post timing back to stock
    DFCO back to stock
    I bet the pulse limiter on is your main issue the rest will let it work much better, as is now lots holding it back from making any hp's
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Tuner in Training
    I’ve also got 250 horse injectors and everything else is built to handle it .

Tuner in Training
    It’s still doing it , it’s irritating the shit out of me !

i'd remove all the limiters are see how it acts and post up a data log as well
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Tuner in Training
    Heres a datalog from the other day around the 7:09:16 are is where I let out of the throttle and it keeps going and bucking.I was on the brakes to slow it down than it will kick out at almost a stop , also if I put it in neutral it will kick it out of whatever its doing .

;
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by spooled05; 06-07-2021 at 07:18 PM.

Did you change the injector pulse in that area of the table? Sometimes when you have a low to large pulse width next to each other it will cause bucking. I have seen this in cruising areas. Too big of a difference will make the truck erratic in behavior.

turn off pulse width limiter, i see no tps input yet the pulse is all over the place.

Attachment 110615 try this and see what it does
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Tuner in Training
    I’ll try this tune but that’s the problem I’m trying to fix eaven with the pulse limiter off it still does this , bucking and driving its self .

there's more to it then, any limit map is a bandaid at best they should be used in the end to fine tune if needed.
    i was lucky enough to have Jim P email me back and forth and I really listened and took what he said and applied it which helped me, with that said there are several things I would change as well and or start from a new base file and work back up.
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Ok so your surging problems are caused from the changes you made in your file. I'd go back to a stock file and start over. Go back to 2 injection events anytime below 50% throttle and drivability should be great. I've never been impressed with how single event tunes daily drive. Yes you can make them drive good with single events but it will take alot of time to get happy and the benefits really don't outweigh the losses.

Did you change the pulse in that area? If you did it can cause bucking and a sense of run away.