Thread: New Tune on 2000S 10 4x4 with 468Int 472exh. 262in 272exh 110degree

Potential Tuner

New Tune on 2000S 10 4x4 with 468Int 472exh. 262in 272exh 110degree

Hello Everyone, I have a 2000 S 10 4x4 I put a New Marine 4.3 vortec engine from Mabco Engine rebuilder. In Texas.
    it has shorty headers and a custom built cold air system, Over sized three core radiator with two electric fans. designed for a C 10 chevy truck.
    This motor came with an aftermarket cam 468 intake 472 exhaust 268 intake and 272 exhaust duration 110 lobe sep. . I have been working on a tune for this over a year, I spent money on after market tune by Texas tunes, and was sorely disappointed. The tune he sent back had only base spark tables advanced
    I emailed and tried to get him to fix this tune but no replies. So I did this myself from the stock Tune. I need some help verifying if I am on the right track with my tune, (300.00 spent on bs advertisement about how good this fellow ishttps://forum.hptuners.com/images/smilies/mad.png) I started with Greg Bannaks book then the Master Efi Tuner I purchased on line, and followed their instructions as much as possible, I recurved the Maf table, I added to both Ve tables added to spark table disabled close loop and tuned in open loop. This is my latest scan. I also added to my EOIT to ad crispness to throttle and stop the annoying surging at cruise due to cam overlap. This is the scan let me know what you think. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

From a fuel trim standpoint and not seeing the tune file, the fueling is alright when in closed loop. It has some knock retard once you get above that 3,500-3,700rpm that you can see in the log. It's still in closed loop there and hasn't moved over into open loop PE yet.

You may want to look into changing the PE settings a touch or moving the timing around a little to see if you can stop the knock and reduce it some.

A wide open throttle pull would let us see how it runs there. A wideband oxygen sensor should be used for WOT tuning as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you, I have reduced Timing a degree in the Knock area, And reset MAf Curve at the 3500 I was off about 4%. according to the scan. I cannot post because of it size to large to down load. I will post the tune I am running at this moment...