Thread: Rich when coasting to a stop in neutral

Advanced Tuner

Rich when coasting to a stop in neutral

So I have a 2014 Camaro 6 speed manual transmission vehicle. When put in neutral and coasting to a stop, the engine goes 20% rich or more, until the very moment the wheels stop. Then it goes back to 1.00 Lambda. This car has done this since day one on a completely stock calibration. Cats were removed, wideband installed and COT is now disabled. Im not sure what else could be causing this. Does anyone know what would cause this? I've tried searching but couldn't find anything relevant to what I'm experiencing. I just need to know what table or coefficent to look at so I can try to correct some of this.

Advanced Tuner
    Attachment 110690

Posting a log for reference. Time stamp 2:48:36 is one of the spots its doing it
    Last edited by danmw2003; 06-11-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Might be this. On phone, haven't looked at log yet, but thought I'd throw this out there for you.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post598600

Advanced Tuner
    Ah yes, that makes perfect sense. I did in fact remove one of the post catalyst 02 sensors and disabled the fault codes. Passenger side post 02 sensor got left in. Thank you for that. I will go ahead and make the changes you stated in that thread.

Advanced Tuner
    Made the changes here:
    Engine>Fuel>Oxygen Sensors>LTFT Idle Cell Thresholds>Enable VSS : change to 317 mph (or any other value so high you'll never reach it)
    Engine>Fuel>Oxygen Sensors>LTFT Idle Cell Thresholds>Disable VSS : change to 318 mph (or greater than the value you put in the Enable VSS field)

Worked great! Its no longer going rich when coasting to a stop. Thanks for the tip! Much appreciated!
    Last edited by danmw2003; 06-18-2021 at 06:15 PM.