Thread: Tune changes to make after installing down pipes 3.5 EcoBoost

Tuner

Tune changes to make after installing down pipes 3.5 EcoBoost

I'm new to tuning Ford EcoBoost F-150's. I hear and read that tune modifications are required after installing down pipes from the turbos to the cat-back system. What changes need to be made? Can anyone provide a tune file for me to review? I have the same question regarding upgraded IAC's. Thanks in advance.
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4

Advanced Tuner
    On my 2.3, with stock tune and installing just a catback, I was getting an overboost code.
    So I would think at least that would need to be raised, but the 3.5 might be a bit different. I know the strategy is a bit different from the 2.3.

Realistically, I think the exhaust model (back pressure and temps) *should* get adjusted, so the ECU knows roughly where the EGTs are at... But I haven't done that yet and haven't found it causing any issues. Fueling and timing are still running safe, despite Ford warning to NEVER run even a CAI on a stock tune. :rolley-eyes:

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Seishuku View Post
    On my 2.3, with stock tune and installing just a catback, I was getting an overboost code.
    So I would think at least that would need to be raised, but the 3.5 might be a bit different. I know the strategy is a bit different from the 2.3.

Realistically, I think the exhaust model (back pressure and temps) *should* get adjusted, so the ECU knows roughly where the EGTs are at... But I haven't done that yet and haven't found it causing any issues. Fueling and timing are still running safe, despite Ford warning to NEVER run even a CAI on a stock tune. :rolley-eyes:
    Thanks for the info.
    2019 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4x4