Thread: wont start, fuel coming from header

Tuner in Training

wont start, fuel coming from header

I need some help here. Trying to get my truck running, its a 94 c1500 with an 03 lq4 and 2wd 4l80. Motor is a complete stock rebuild, has stock tune with vats deleted right now. It wants to start then dies cranked it for a bit then shut it down, and there is fuel literally dumping out of the passenger header. I have tested the injectors, and put a new regulator in (return style) has good fuel pressure (almost 60psi) not sure what is going on. Any help would be appreciated. I attached data log file94 chev dumping fuel.hpl94 C1500 vats disabled.hpt
    Last edited by Kochan05; 06-12-2021 at 02:40 PM.

Plug in your coolant temp sensor.

Post the tune file as well.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    posted tune file. i have coolant temp sensor hooked to gauge in the truck that's why its unplugged

You can't really do that. The temp sensor needs to be plugged into the computer. It's going to throw the fueling for the loop if it thinks it's at the north pole but in reality it's 80 degrees outside.

Do that and see if it helps.

Past that you'll still have to go through all the engine codes and turn off things that aren't being used anymore. All the EVAP dtc and rear o2 sensor stuff has to turned off. Same with the cat over temp protection.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    ok. i hooked it back up but as soon as i start cranking fuel just starts pouring fuel from the header, and i mean pouring!

Sounds like the injectors are stuck open.

Once the engine isn't cranking anymore the injectors shouldn't stay on either, if they are something isn't right there either.

Tuner in Training
    i tested them all with a noid light and they all seemed to be pulsing fine. but in the data log the pulse width is extremely high. not sure why

Tuner in Training
    also had all the injectors out and tested them on the bench